Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering if anyone knows anything about the catered halls in nottingham? I heard that Cripps and Hugh Stewart are supposed to be good but are there any others that are prettier etc? Plus do we get the option to pick where we want to go or do they randomly put you in one?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flovegrove)
    Just wondering if anyone knows anything about the catered halls in nottingham? I heard that Cripps and Hugh Stewart are supposed to be good but are there any others that are prettier etc? Plus do we get the option to pick where we want to go or do they randomly put you in one?
    I was wondering the same thing ..is there a big price difference between the catered and non catered?

ReputationRep:
    I've worked out that when you compare the ensuite in catered to the ensuite in Broadgate park, it's much cheaper as to get the same deal you would only have £10 to spend on food when in reality most student food budgets is around £25 a week, so you are better off getting catered

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flovegrove)
    I've worked out that when you compare the ensuite in catered to the ensuite in Broadgate park, it's much cheaper as to get the same deal you would only have £10 to spend on food when in reality most student food budgets is around £25 a week, so you are better off getting catered
    There's no food for weekends catered.

ReputationRep:
    I saw that they covered breakfast and dinner but not lunch, so you just need to cover two lunches a week

ReputationRep:
    Hi, so I am in Lenton and Wortley hall currently and we definitely get food on weekends, brunch 11am and then a dinner. Which is normally enough food for a weekend without having to buy any extra food.
    In regards to better halls there is definitely a divide! Whilst HughStu and Cripps are arguable the better halls this is down to reputation as they are two of the oldest halls.
    If you're in Lincoln, Lenton and Wortley, HughStu, Cripps or Derby you have got one of the better halls. These are the older 'pretty' building which normally have more formals as a result of larger budgets.
    Some say that food is better with these halls as well, however as I have only ever had food in Lenton and Wortley I don't know about the others. (food is just about passable - I hope you like potatoes).
    Location is also a major advantage these halls have as they are closer to the centre of campus and a huge amount of the buildings.
    You can't choose your halls anymore as L&W, Cripps and HughStu allegedly became elite hubs for private school graduates. If it's the same as last year you do get the option to swap once and hope your second option is better this is a bit of a gamble so don't get your heart set on one hall too much.
    Don't stress too much about where you get placed as you'll love it no matter where you are, UoN is great and I would 100% recommend being in catered as the vibe is so lovely and more of a family I would say, plus the fact I'm only 5min from my lecture is ideal!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blodyn)
    Hi, so I am in Lenton and Wortley hall currently and we definitely get food on weekends, brunch 11am and then a dinner. Which is normally enough food for a weekend without having to buy any extra food.
    In regards to better halls there is definitely a divide! Whilst HughStu and Cripps are arguable the better halls this is down to reputation as they are two of the oldest halls.
    If you're in Lincoln, Lenton and Wortley, HughStu, Cripps or Derby you have got one of the better halls. These are the older 'pretty' building which normally have more formals as a result of larger budgets.
    Some say that food is better with these halls as well, however as I have only ever had food in Lenton and Wortley I don't know about the others. (food is just about passable - I hope you like potatoes).
    Location is also a major advantage these halls have as they are closer to the centre of campus and a huge amount of the buildings.
    You can't choose your halls anymore as L&W, Cripps and HughStu allegedly became elite hubs for private school graduates. If it's the same as last year you do get the option to swap once and hope your second option is better this is a bit of a gamble so don't get your heart set on one hall too much.
    Don't stress too much about where you get placed as you'll love it no matter where you are, UoN is great and I would 100% recommend being in catered as the vibe is so lovely and more of a family I would say, plus the fact I'm only 5min from my lecture is ideal!
    When do accomodation apps open, do you think? How does it work, is it for example, "choose from up to 5 preferences", and accomodation being served on a first come first serve basis?

Which accomodation would you reccomend, not partciularly fond of catered halls due to my dietary requirement, and would want the hassle and joy of cooking most of my meals myself

ReputationRep:
    Studying management which is based on the Jubilee campus and I want catered accommodation, but really unsure whether to go for UP or Jubilee??

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.