Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Getting ready for it this afternoon.
    Good luck to everyone.

What did you all think of it? (when you do it, of course)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iluvatar)
    Getting ready for it this afternoon.
    Good luck to everyone.

What did you all think of it? (when you do it, of course)
    im still revising lol, has any1 got any hints on the essay writing coz its my biggest weakness. i mean what do you include in the ao2 evaluation
    thanks

ReputationRep:
    Shoot... too late to help.
    Anyway, just wrote 10 pages in about an hour for the paper.
    I wasn't sure about observational learning (Q1), but the rest was totally easy!

ReputationRep:
    i didnt find it toooo bad a paper....although having left early (i was taking the paper -after- my Pure3 exam) i realised that i hadnt left 5 or 10 mins eraly...but 40 so now worried...i did questions 2 3 and 5....

ReputationRep:
    Observational learning - I just went on about Social Learning Theory and models, imitation etc...hope it was ok :\
    I did Q1, 4 and 5. I don't think I put enough evaluation in now - did anyone do the human behaviour is too complex for one perspective question? Gah and there was hardly any time to fit in theorists either. I was expecting a more difficult Research Methods section. I said the chi square result was very significant as it was to 1% - was that right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pikaboo)
    Observational learning - I just went on about Social Learning Theory and models, imitation etc...hope it was ok :\
    I did Q1, 4 and 5. I don't think I put enough evaluation in now - did anyone do the human behaviour is too complex for one perspective question? Gah and there was hardly any time to fit in theorists either. I was expecting a more difficult Research Methods section. I said the chi square result was very significant as it was to 1% - was that right?
    I thought it had to be to 5%.
    1% is used in medical research, so is not as appropriate for the study.

ReputationRep:
    I thought it had to be to 5%.
    1% is used in medical research, so is not as appropriate for the study.
    We were just taught that the lower the percentage the more likely it has high significance. And the figure was lower than 10 at the 1% level and gah I hate stats. I said that most psychologists would be willing to accept a 5% significance or lower though. This is what got me a D on my coursework lol.

ReputationRep:
    blast...i got confuzzled in my answer to that...i know perfectly well that standard level of significance is 0.05, but i wrote something along the lines of "it is significant at the 0.01 level (which is most commonly used by psychologists to lower the chances of type 1/2 errors). This means we can be 99% sure the results were not obtained by chance"....*mutter* In the psychoanalysis essay question (if either of you glanced at it) d'ya reckon i was okay -only- taking about the psychosexual stages (and comparing to other psychologists theories, evaluating etc) because it said evaluate -psychosexual development-.

And what metholodigical thing would there be for that woman beign working on her own, and how you solve it? I wrote a load of..rubbish..for that because i couldnt think of a definate example...

ReputationRep:
    We were just taught that the lower the percentage the more likely it has high significance. And the figure was lower than 10 at the 1% level and gah I hate stats. I said that most psychologists would be willing to accept a 5% significance or lower though. This is what got me a D on my coursework lol.
    Well thats true, but you have to choose a suitable level to base it on.
    5% is fine for most significance figures, but saying that even at the 1% it was significant, would still answer the question correctly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Niusyla)
    And what metholodigical thing would there be for that woman beign working on her own, and how you solve it? I wrote a load of..rubbish..for that because i couldnt think of a definate example...
    That was a daft question - I just said get another psychologist to check her counting system and I forgot the technical term for it. By working on her own she might introduce experimenter bias etc. into her results...I put it way too vaguely because I didn't have a clue.

ReputationRep:
    blast...i got confuzzled in my answer to that...i know perfectly well that standard level of significance is 0.05, but i wrote something along the lines of "it is significant at the 0.01 level (which is most commonly used by psychologists to lower the chances of type 1/2 errors). This means we can be 99% sure the results were not obtained by chance"....*mutter* In the psychoanalysis essay question (if either of you glanced at it) d'ya reckon i was okay -only- taking about the psychosexual stages (and comparing to other psychologists theories, evaluating etc) because it said evaluate -psychosexual development-.

Well the stages are the way that psychodynamic psychologists define development, so they are the correct topic of discussion, but it depends on the extent you expanded and evaluated them on their own and in comparison with other theories.

ReputationRep:
    That was a daft question - I just said get another psychologist to check her counting system and I forgot the technical term for it. By working on her own she might introduce experimenter bias etc. into her results...I put it way too vaguely because I didn't have a clue.
    I just said use a different person to collect results who was unaware of the hypothesis, and only knew what to record.

ReputationRep:
    I just said use a different person to collect results who was unaware of the hypothesis, and only knew what to record.
    Aaah, you'll have got an A.

ReputationRep:
    Aaah, you'll have got an A.
    People say that to me alot, but i only got C at AS...
    I'm not all that great at psychology really, but i always seem to do okay at it.
    If it wasn't for my insistance on doing the most dodgy coursework ever both years, maybe i'd be up close to an A.

ReputationRep:
    People say that to me alot, but i only got C at AS...
    I'm not all that great at psychology really, but i always seem to do okay at it.
    If it wasn't for my insistance on doing the most dodgy coursework ever both years, maybe i'd be up close to an A.
    Well you seem to have a good understanding - Psychology coursework pulled me down too, because I didn't see the need to keep repeating every little thing about twice in each section. The guidelines are so strict too, whereas with something like English or History you're given much more freedom and so you can do a more interesting study.
    Good luck anyway!

ReputationRep:
    Well you seem to have a good understanding - Psychology coursework pulled me down too, because I didn't see the need to keep repeating every little thing about twice in each section. The guidelines are so strict too, whereas with something like English or History you're given much more freedom and so you can do a more interesting study.
    Good luck anyway!
    I know. I did stuff on the spec, but my teacher didn't know anything about parapsychology, so i had to use half the word limit explaining stuff that i wouldn't have done if i thought that they had a clue... and i did predictably poorly because of it.

ReputationRep:
    I get really fed up with psychology coursework. I submitted my AS coursework twice. First time: about 52 marks, second, 68. Fair enough, I'd stated some things abit clearer. But what really gets me is: On the mark sceme for the first piece, i got things like Abstract: 0 Note: No abstract....so whats the page at the front, titled "abstract" and obeying all guidelines for writing an abstract then?? It was like that all the way through....whats even better is that one of the specimin A level pieces, got a B, and trying not to be biases, except for maybe one section, mine was much clearer, contained nearly all of the relevant stuff, and my teacher couldnt think of any other way to make it better....I mean what is going on there?

ReputationRep:
    I get really fed up with psychology coursework. I submitted my AS coursework twice. First time: about 52 marks, second, 68. Fair enough, I'd stated some things abit clearer. But what really gets me is: On the mark sceme for the first piece, i got things like Abstract: 0 Note: No abstract....so whats the page at the front, titled "abstract" and obeying all guidelines for writing an abstract then?? It was like that all the way through....whats even better is that one of the specimin A level pieces, got a B, and trying not to be biases, except for maybe one section, mine was much clearer, contained nearly all of the relevant stuff, and my teacher couldnt think of any other way to make it better....I mean what is going on there?
    The way they mark it is silly. Apparently I missed off "of a questionnaire" in my graph title and that lost me 2 marks. If you don't include one point it seems like the entire section gets 0 marks. I can understand having to have a conventional report style but any more repetitive and the reader would feel insulted!

University open days

• University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Exeter Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • University of Bradford
    Faculty of Health Studies Postgraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • Northumbria University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.