Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Does anyone go to King Edwards and is currently at sixth form? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Just wanted to ask some questions if you attend King Edwards, or if you have in the past will be attending there soon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aimingforupthere)
    Just wanted to ask some questions if you attend King Edwards, or if you have in the past will be attending there soon.
    There are loads of King Edward's schools. Some private, some state grammar, some comprehensive. Which one do you mean?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Compost)
    There are loads of King Edward's schools. Which one do you mean?

Which ever one really I just need advice on Grammar Sixth forms

Which ever one really I just need advice on Grammar Sixth forms
    wat....
    please be more specific...there are many King Edwards Sixth Forms in the country

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by homeland.lsw)
    wat....
    please be more specific...

I was just curious about the work load and pressure in such schools and whether or not external students fit in to the atmosphere of the school.

I was just curious about the work load and pressure in such schools and whether or not external students fit in to the atmosphere of the school.
    oh well I go to an all boys grammar school in London, so I could help...
    workload depends on what A-Levels you take. Generally they expect a lot from ALL STUDENTS
    Around 6/7 make it into Oxbridge from my school per year for a variety of courses.

ReputationRep:
    I'm in Upper Sixth of a King Edwards school atm. I'm internal not external but I can say that the majority of external students fit in well as long as you try and make friends. There is an external society sort of thing at ours where they meet up and make friends with each other so I imagine that's good to break the ice. my school particularly has high standards when it comes to education. Using the metric that homeland.lsw used, around 20-25 of the students in our year of 130ish make it into oxbridge and probably a dozen more into medicine. Coming from that, you'd think that they make you work your socks off, but I'd say that the workload really isn't that bad. It changes from teacher to teacher. Some teachers like to give you like 4 hours of work in 1 go and tell you that you have a week or more to do it. Some give you small half hour worksheets every lesson. I think I prefer the 1st way to be honest. I just end up using my free periods to do little worksheets I've forgotten about while playing pool lol. I'm not sure how big the workload is for comp school etc. so I cant compare sorry, but hopefully an external who went to a grammar school can chip in.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.