Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Anyone else piss around in class and get good grades? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else one of those naturally intelligent people (like me) who can do no work whatsoever and insult the teacher but still get the best grades in the class?

ReputationRep:
    Can only assume you're still in school or college.

...Good luck with that if you ever go to uni, you'll either fail or get a terrible grade.

ReputationRep:
    The arrogance here is over 9000

(Original post by intelligent con)
    naturally intelligent people (like me)
    The purpose of this thread.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else one of those naturally intelligent people (like me) who can do no work whatsoever and insult the teacher but still get the best grades in the class?
    You're clearly about 12 if you have this mindset, grow up child and you will soon realise how much of a disrespectful person you are

ReputationRep:
    Academic Info
    Media Studies

Perhaps if you did a real subject you might actually get somewhere and be mentally stimulated

ReputationRep:
    Dont listen to these idiots, keep doing what your doing!!!
    Honestly theres nothing wrong with a long term job at McDonalds

ReputationRep:
    I'd laugh if his idea of a good grade was a C lol.

ReputationRep:
    yes
    works for GCSE, easy A/A*'s you can even sleep through lessons
    a levels you can only piss around in every other lesson

have some respect for the teacher though ffs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ahsenrauf)
    You sir are my long lost twin. I don't do much work in class, mess around and i'm quite cocky with teachers. The teachers in my school are quite nice so most of them dont mind. I still get **** done on time and get highest or second highest grades in the class. I feel like i rob those people that try so hard. The smartest kid in my class is a girl who does nothing but work 24/7. She doesnt have any social media or even a phone because she "doesnt want to get distracted". She usually gets better grades than me but i always wonder how i would do if i tried. I barely study for maths tests in school and im able to easily get B's or sometimes A's. How about you? How old are you?
    She has no social media or even a phone! LOL what an idiot!!!!
    That girl will be sitting in her 5 bedroom detached house in London while you empty out her rubbish every week. Grow up quick or you and your lost twin will end up at the bottom.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophieSmall)

...Good luck with that if you ever go to uni, you'll either fail or get a terrible grade.
    This was me until my A-Levels. Then the workload hit me like a bus

ReputationRep:
    Okay great that you are intelligent enough that you dont need to put in any work, but why insult your teacher that's just not a nice thing to do and distracts the teacher from helping people who need it

ReputationRep:
    I got through middle school with above average (but not the highest) grades without really trying because it was that easy. I kept skipping, sleeping, and doing nothing because academics were boring. I wouldn't be arrogant enough to consider myself more intelligent than everyone else, though. Sure, I know some people who make up for a low IQ with extra effort, but I respect them since I know that they already have the right mindset for life which is to work hard and stay diligent. IB hit me and it's a lot harder now, I kinda like the extra challenge and now I've already started to become serious and IMO I feel smarter than before.

ReputationRep:
    This was my revision tactic for GCSE, worked like a charm... Unfortunately that wasn't the case at college. At uni its an even worse idea, though obviously some people have to work harder than others.

ReputationRep:
    OP, yeh, i was one of those people, all i did was f*** around in class, and i got better grades than the majority of my fellow class-mates, i was constantly having teachers telling me that i was wasting my natural talent and could do so much better if i actually applied myself, and ultimately, i wish i had listened

I have done relatively well for myself, but as its been mentioned, once you get to further and higher education, there is no 'pissing around' in class, the people that are with you are there through choice, because they genuinely want to get smarter and better, if you try that foolishness in class, you wont get support from your people, you will just stick-out like a sore thumb, your teacher will humiliate you, your class-mates will resent your presence, and when the teacher(s) are finally fed up with you and want you gone, unlike in school, it will be something for YOU to sort out, and not mummy or daddy

ReputationRep:
    Good luck with getting away with that when you start your professional career (if you actually get one).

ReputationRep:
    Thought it said does anyone piss in a glass and get good grades

Was wondering what special school you went to

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophieSmall)

Or like most students on half of the degrees do it night before and still pull a 2:1

(speaking from experience)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whorace)
    Or like most students on half of the degrees do it night before and still pull a 2:1

(speaking from experience)
    Not been my experience at all, for first years maybe. But after that, oh boy did it get challenging.

Most people with that attitude I know failed their second year.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.