Meeting new people at gym classes Watch

drobson1988
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I train in the gym 4 days per week (weights) but have recently started going to the odd fitness class there too as I thought I could do with getting some cardio in there.

It would be good if I could meet new people there (girls especially). I went to one today and there was like 2 other guys there and about 12 girls, all of them were really hot for that matter lol.

It seems like the only time to get to talk is just for a minute or two before the class starts though? And maybe afterwards if you can catch them.

What does everyone else find? Does everybody just keep themselves to themselves, do the class and then rush off?

Or can you actually make friends (and more) from these things?
BKS
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
People are there to exercise not make friends, let alone look for dates. I do yoga from time to time and nobody ever hangs around to chat, any other class I've seen seems the same. If you want to meet new people then I think you need a different approach.
jamiegallagher1
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Perhaps you can do acquaintance in the gym but probably they are too busy to entertain you.
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is most responsible for your success at university

Mostly me (399)
91.72%
Mostly my university including my lecturers/tutors (36)
8.28%

Watched Threads