Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Witcher 3: Anyone else interested in Gwent? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone played Gwent outside of the game? (ie: have the cards)

Or is there somewhere I can play online?

I'm now obsessed with Gwent but CBA to play the actual game anymore.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    No, I don't care how nerdy this is!

I've only been playing gwent in the actual game and I really love it.

I didn't know you can get your own cards, but even if I knew then I wouldn't buy because not many people has an interest in gwent.

Also, I don't think you can play online at the moment, and it doesn't look like it will change any time soon.

ReputationRep:
    I legit could never figure this game out, friend told me I was retarded for not being able to do so, but how the hell do you win?! I just avoided them after that...

(Original post by Sae.HH)
    I legit could never figure this game out, friend told me I was retarded for not being able to do so, but how the hell do you win?! I just avoided them after that...
    You probably haven't played it long enough. No need to worry.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sae.HH)
    I was really confused at first- and it looked really boring but once I got into it it is really addictive

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Impressive)
    I've only been playing gwent in the actual game and I really love it.

I didn't know you can get your own cards, but even if I knew then I wouldn't buy because not many people has an interest in gwent.

Also, I don't think you can play online at the moment, and it doesn't look like it will change any time soon.
    Me and my other half are thinking about getting the cards and playing each other.
    ..But I'm now think part of the fun is to collect the cards :confused: so should probably just persevere with the game!

(Original post by Tank Girl)
    Me and my other half are thinking about getting the cards and playing each other.
    ..But I'm now think part of the fun is to collect the cards :confused: so should probably just persevere with the game!
    Well, if you've got someone to play with, why not. It can be better than actual game because you don't need any computer or anything like that.

Card collection is also great, I used to do it when I was young. Unfortunately, when I had to move I've lost all of them. I don't remember what kind of cards I had but it was something similar to gwent.

The only disadvantage for me of having card collection is that you have to carry everything with you, as it would be in my case. (inconvenient due to travelling)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 17, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.