Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    This is the only choice I'm yet to hear back from. I sent my questionnaire off on the 25th November and haven't heard a single thing from the uni, and I'm seeing loads of people on this forum getting interviews and offers etc. Should I be worried or concerned? Is this them basically saying they're not going to interview me and I'll get a rejection? Or do I need to be patient, I can understand it's a long process but still it's been almost three months and nothing

If anyone is in the same boat as me that'd be comforting to know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by megbrooks)
    This is the only choice I'm yet to hear back from. I sent my questionnaire off on the 25th November and haven't heard a single thing from the uni, and I'm seeing loads of people on this forum getting interviews and offers etc. Should I be worried or concerned? Is this them basically saying they're not going to interview me and I'll get a rejection? Or do I need to be patient, I can understand it's a long process but still it's been almost three months and nothing

If anyone is in the same boat as me that'd be comforting to know.
    I think you got more things to worry about if you do end up studying BA Film to be honest...hate to be harsh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by econymous)
    I think you got more things to worry about if you do end up studying BA Film to be honest...hate to be harsh.
    Can you explain? I need to know all the opinions I can really.

ReputationRep:
    Can you explain? I need to know all the opinions I can really.
    Well not trying to be mean, but it is an extremely tough job market to get into, and BA Film won't hold up as a degree for any other industry besides Film and Television. It's going to make life awful hard for you following university.

ReputationRep:
    Well not trying to be mean, but it is an extremely tough job market to get into, and BA Film won't hold up as a degree for any other industry besides Film and Television. It's going to make life awful hard for you following university.
    Trust me haha I've heard all this before from my teachers etc, it's my passion and Film and Television is exactly what I want a career in so I might as well try and give it my best shot! At the minute I'm just concerned about getting all my decisions back from the universities and Westminster is the only one I'm waiting on. Thank you for your insight though!

ReputationRep:
    Trust me haha I've heard all this before from my teachers etc, it's my passion and Film and Television is exactly what I want a career in so I might as well try and give it my best shot! At the minute I'm just concerned about getting all my decisions back from the universities and Westminster is the only one I'm waiting on. Thank you for your insight though!
    if you get a degree from somewhere like Westminster I wouldn't be worried mate, and if it's your passion fair enough for going for it! We need more people like you instead of all the people in my sixth form doing economics or psychology... yawn

ReputationRep:
    Tis a bit harsh though isn't it. Firstly, it's not related to the topic of the thread so it isn't really relevant.

Secondly, Whilst OP's chances of becoming a famous director are fairly slim, having a good grade in any discipline can be extremely useful, especially with other skills and experience to go along with it.

I say this as someone who is friends with people who have graduated from ex-polys in weird BA subjects, and are now doing amazing jobs, because they are so experienced in real life skills. Meanwhile there's me, 2.1 from a redbrick and desperately trying to get more training so that I can get into a career that interests me.

Basically, the subject choice is one tiny part of your prospects so by insinuating that it's fairly useless you're giving a very narrow view of the facts.

All of this is not to mention the fact that if OP really is good at film and media then they would have a shot at working in that industry, as competitive as it is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jaredinho)
    if you get a degree from somewhere like Westminster I wouldn't be worried mate, and if it's your passion fair enough for going for it! We need more people like you instead of all the people in my sixth form doing economics or psychology... yawn
    Thank you!! I support students in both these areas in my current job, and lived with economics students last year, and oh my god those subjects are soul destroying!!!! Half the students I know don't even enjoy it they just like the job prospects!

ReputationRep:
    Thank you! Just got to wonder if I'll ever hear back from them haha.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abc:))
    Tis a bit harsh though isn't it. Firstly, it's not related to the topic of the thread so it isn't really relevant.

Secondly, Whilst OP's chances of becoming a famous director are fairly slim, having a good grade in any discipline can be extremely useful, especially with other skills and experience to go along with it.

I say this as someone who is friends with people who have graduated from ex-polys in weird BA subjects, and are now doing amazing jobs, because they are so experienced in real life skills. Meanwhile there's me, 2.1 from a redbrick and desperately trying to get more training so that I can get into a career that interests me.

Basically, the subject choice is one tiny part of your prospects so by insinuating that it's fairly useless you're giving a very narrow view of the facts.

All of this is not to mention the fact that if OP really is good at film and media then they would have a shot at working in that industry, as competitive as it is.
    Thank you for helping communicate my point better than I could! I agree with everything you've said 100%.

I just gotta hope that someone can help me with the topic of the conversation now haha!

ReputationRep:
    Thank you! Just got to wonder if I'll ever hear back from them haha.
    there's no harm in dropping them an email or call, I've found them to be very helpful

ReputationRep:
    there's no harm in dropping them an email or call, I've found them to be very helpful
    Okay, thank you very much!

ReputationRep:
    Okay, thank you very much!
    I second this - if anything it makes you stand out more as being memorable than the other applicants whose voices they haven't even heard

ReputationRep:
    Yes, give them a call!! I applied for the same course and actually got rejected because of my grades. Luckily and totally coincidently I called them to ask what was going on with my application before they actually had a chance to reject me in UCAS. I talked them into giving me a second chance, because I am from Denmark, so my grades can be converted different ways. They said it helped that I actually called them because it showed that I was keen and they liked that! Hope you get in!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by michellebjerg)
    Yes, give them a call!! I applied for the same course and actually got rejected because of my grades. Luckily and totally coincidently I called them to ask what was going on with my application before they actually had a chance to reject me in UCAS. I talked them into giving me a second chance, because I am from Denmark, so my grades can be converted different ways. They said it helped that I actually called them because it showed that I was keen and they liked that! Hope you get in!
    Yeah I emailed them in the end, turns out I'm one of the few applicants left on the "maybe" list, how frustrating 😩 I hope me emailing them shows that I'm keen as well haha.

ReputationRep:
    Good on you! Don't listen to those dissing Film as a career - uni prepares you for more than becoming fodder for employment and doing a creative course gives you an advantage in be entrepeneurial and a creative thinker! Most employers are looking fo rthose who are willing to take risks and stand out from the rest - Good luck

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.