Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Sparadrap2106's Journey to America! Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hey!

I'm Natalie, a Year 12 Welsh student looking to get into a college in North America and I'm beyond motivated, so I hope this helps someone believe in pursuing their crazy dreams

In my GCSE's, I got 4A*s, 6As and 1B which definitely aren't on par with top US uni expectations, but they're okay. However, I reAALLY want to do well in my AS exams and then even better at A Level.

Subjects and predicted grades vs my personal goals

French - A - A*
    Biology - A - A/A*
    Geography - A - A
    Welsh Bacc - A* - A*

Overall, I'm looking to get AAA at AS (not including WB) and then A*A*AA at A Level, but who knows? I'm definitely not hitting these grades at the minute, so I guess it's time to grow my grades

ReputationRep:
    Those GCSEs are actually pretty good - a friend of mine was accepted to the Wharton School of Business with similar results. And as I'm sure you know, Wharton at UPenn (for Business) is crazy good.

Good luck with you AS Levels - Have you taken any standardized tests yet?

All the best! :borat:

Let me know if you have any questions about US admissions

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student403)
    Those GCSEs are actually pretty good - a friend of mine was accepted to the Wharton School of Business with similar results. And as I'm sure you know, Wharton at UPenn (for Business) is crazy good.

Good luck with you AS Levels - Have you taken any standardized tests yet?

All the best! :borat:

Let me know if you have any questions about US admissions
    thanks! I've got a bit more confidence in myself now having seen that I've booked my SAT for May, and I'm thinking about the SAT IIs in June, but I'll have to travel far for them because I live in Wales and there's no test centres doing them in June because of other exams!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sparadrap2106)
    thanks! I've got a bit more confidence in myself now having seen that I've booked my SAT for May, and I'm thinking about the SAT IIs in June, but I'll have to travel far for them because I live in Wales and there's no test centres doing them in June because of other exams!
    Ooh cool Don't worry about the May/June sittings. I sat my SATIIs in May just before AS and did fine, so they won't (or shouldn't) hinder your ability to revise.

One thing I will tell you is not to overestimate the weighting of the SAT. That is one mistake I made and, although I ended up with decent SAT(II) scores, my AS levels almost suffered as a result. Definitely just put things in to perspective and try not to let your AS grades fall due to SAT revision. Your AS levels are faaaar more important.

That being said, try your hardest to wreck the SAT too

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.