Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

17 Indian in love with a 22 pak AMA / Help Watch

Announcements

(Original post by Anonymous)
    haha i guess
    but his family are originally from India on his mothers side
    he hates Pakistan lol him and his family love India and hate Pakistan, and the culture associated with it lol
    so no , no India v Pakistan
    if he's not loyal to his own motherland how is he gonna be loyal to you?

(Original post by SubZero~)
    Being an Indian (British) myself, I can understand where you're coming from. Age difference may be an issue with your parents and also him being a Muslim will definitely ring alarm bells to them. Depends on how strict they are to be honest, but if you want to be with him, nothing should really stop you? But then we get into a potential dilemma about choosing family over your boyfriend and vice versa. That is, if they don't accept your relationship.
    Hey
    They are strict and tbh any sikh family will think that im being groomed
    Hes.recently turned 22 im turning 18 in aprill
    Hes said to me inthe long run if we ever became an item he has no problem with me and him raising kids as sikhs and he said he has a fasination with my religion
    But idk im not the stupid type to lose my family over. A guy

The other thing is
    We met online and havent met in real life i know that would ring alarm bells
    But we talk every night whispering on skype lol
    Weve videochatted and ive spoken to his dad and brothers i just dont feel like im good enough for him meaning the way i look etc

but im just having the moral side kick in being indian and all which you can probably understand. Its like do o do that. Shall i coke out to my parents with him. Oitside or wider family how will they react , you know how will they feel i dont want to be judged or people look down upon my family. Especially for my mom i dont want to dissapoint her,shes told me in general to stay away from guys. You know , and that tbh im more different than most indian girls these days who do dodgy **** i dont want to be that or be seen as that

Being indian yourself hopefully you understand where im coming from

Thank you for your help

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Hey
    They are strict and tbh any sikh family will think that im being groomed
    Hes.recently turned 22 im turning 18 in aprill
    Hes said to me inthe long run if we ever became an item he has no problem with me and him raising kids as sikhs and he said he has a fasination with my religion
    But idk im not the stupid type to lose my family over. A guy

The other thing is
    We met online and havent met in real life i know that would ring alarm bells
    But we talk every night whispering on skype lol
    Weve videochatted and ive spoken to his dad and brothers i just dont feel like im good enough for him meaning the way i look etc

but im just having the moral side kick in being indian and all which you can probably understand. Its like do i do that. Shall i come out to my parents with him. Outside or wider family how will they react , you know how will they feel i dont want to be judged or people look down upon my family. Especially for my mom i dont want to dissapoint her,shes told me in general to stay away from guys. You know , and that tbh im more different than most indian girls these days who do dodgy **** i dont want to be that or be seen as that

Being indian yourself hopefully you understand where im coming from

Thank you for your help

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 19, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.