Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Guys, would you date a vegetarian girl? Watch

Announcements

As above

So say if the girl was a strict vegetarian but had a good personality and was nice, would you still date her or would you prefer her to not be a vegetarian?

ReputationRep:
    I would, as long as she's cool with me eating meat and doesn't force her stuff on me (I would be respectful of course and if she doesn't want to use the same pots/pans or whatever that's cool)
    If we get on well and everything is great, I couldn't exactly turn her down for something as small and insignificant as that!

ReputationRep:
    Why anon?

There's already been a thread on this. But I would date a vegetarian on the grounds that they weren't judgemental and didn't pass snide comments whenever I eat meat, because I wouldn't change my eating habits for a girl.

I'd be sad, as most of my best dishes I'd cook for her involve meat, but I like to think I could adapt them. Ultimately wouldn't make a difference as to whether I'd go out with her.

ReputationRep:
    I am now lol. It doesn't affect me too much. Some of the veggie food she cooks is really nice. She doesn't complain about me eating meat so there are no problems.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a girl but yes obviously I would

ReputationRep:
    If she doesn't complain about the giga steaks with eggs I often eat.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a guy and have dated a vegetarian, it was fine since she didn't judge me for eating meat, at least not openly anyway.

I don't really do food though, I barely eat because I have lost interest lol

ReputationRep:
    Sure.

ReputationRep:
    Well my boyfriend loves meat and I'm a vegetarian and it works fine for us. I dont enforce my views on him or vice versa. I'm sure he would prefer me to be a meat eater the same as it would be easier for me if he was a vegetarian, but ultimately it makes very little difference to our relationship.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Why not? I am a veggie on some days.

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing it now and I'm perfectly fine with it.

ReputationRep:
    Sure, though I eat chicken everyday. xD
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    As long as she likes my meat I'm happy :borat:

ReputationRep:
    I only go for veggie girls on principle.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheBBQ)
    I'm doing it now and I'm perfectly fine with it.
    That's so ironic given both your avatar and user on here...

ReputationRep:
    absolutely not, how could I trust anyone who doesn't eat bacon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TorpidPhil)
    That's so ironic given both your avatar and user on here...
    I know. I'm a huge meat eater but she wouldn't touch the stuff.

ReputationRep:
    ... as long as you don't eat raw garlic ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    As above

So say if the girl was a strict vegetarian but had a good personality and was nice, would you still date her or would you prefer her to not be a vegetarian?
    I don't know, they have different teeth. I mean if you've ever seen inside a farm animals mouth, their setup looks strange. I want a girl with canines.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 29, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.