Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have applied for optometry and have received offers from all my choices. I am torn between Aston and City university so could someone please tell me some pros and cons or any information you have.

I live in London at the moment but I really liked Aston as a university as well as the accommodation. I do not know much about accommodation at city.

Thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tennyson1998)
    I have applied for optometry and have received offers from all my choices. I am torn between Aston and City university so could someone please tell me some pros and cons or any information you have.

I live in London at the moment but I really liked Aston as a university as well as the accommodation. I do not know much about accommodation at city.

Thank you
    Would you live at home with parents if you went to city? I personally will be firming Aston because I want to live out... so I can't really help you with much! However, if you posted your question in this forum http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...987235&page=50 you may get a better answer!

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    I have applied for optometry and have received offers from all my choices. I am torn between Aston and City university so could someone please tell me some pros and cons or any information you have.I live in London at the moment but I really liked Aston as a university as well as the accommodation. I do not know much about accommodation at city.Thank you
    Hi!

What did you get for your GCSEs and A-levels?

Thanks.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep

Thank you
    Hi,

Congratulations on your offer, if it's any help our Optometry course has been ranked 1st in the UK by the Sunday times and Complete University Guide.

But rather than throwing league table rankings at you, i was wondering if you had any questions about life at Aston or Birmingham as a city? I'm a 2014 graduate and Birmingham local, so i should be able to answer anything you can throw at me.

Josh

ReputationRep:
    im in the same position as you, need to decide between aston and city :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dpoojaraa)
    Would you live at home with parents if you went to city? I personally will be firming Aston because I want to live out... so I can't really help you with much! However, if you posted your question in this forum http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...987235&page=50 you may get a better answer!

Good luck!
    Thanks, I firmed Aston for the same reason!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jophilip123)
    im in the same position as you, need to decide between aston and city :/
    I ended up firming Aston!

ReputationRep:
    I ended up firming Aston!
    Same and insuring city what about you?

ReputationRep:
    I think the views at City are better because their ground is quite new

ReputationRep:
    How did you decide? I mean they are both really good!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, I firmed Aston for the same reason!
    Great to hear! Have you applied for accommodation?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah same

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dpoojaraa)
    Great to hear! Have you applied for accommodation?
    No not yet, i need to do that! You?

ReputationRep:
    what grade offers did aston and city give you?
    Yeah same

ReputationRep:
    what grade offers did aston and city give you?
    AAB for city and AAA for aston but if i firm it then AAB

ReputationRep:
    How come u got AAB from city? isn't their requirements AAA? but its weird cause i just checked on UCAS the other day and it said 'AAA or AAB-ABB with an AS level' which i have no clue what that means:/
    do u do 2 sciences or 3?
    AAB for city and AAA for aston but if i firm it then AAB

ReputationRep:
    How come u got AAB from city? isn't their requirements AAA? but its weird cause i just checked on UCAS the other day and it said 'AAA or AAB-ABB with an AS level' which i have no clue what that means:/
    do u do 2 sciences or 3?
    I have no idea, i do chemistry, biology and English literature and was predicted AAB (A's for both sciences)

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 8, 2016

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.