Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

opinion on this model? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dairychocolate)
    I was being serious. I've taken topless selfies; it's normal to suck your torso in.
    so that isnt her real figure then

ReputationRep:
    The bird on the vid's face is nice but i think modelling her body is just an excuse for people to be pie eaters

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Justmoll28)
    shes tall so she can get away with that body shape better than someone at like 4' for example. it proportions her so she looks good in my opinion
    No no no. She is overweight you cannot deny that. Proportions and what you think looks good can't change the fact that she needs to eat less and cardio more.

One of her thighs is about 3 of mine and it's absolutely disgusting that the modelling industry is teaching girls that being big is beautiful. It's not, it's a heart attack waiting to happen.

ReputationRep:
    she s5'9, 170ish lbs and bmi of 25.1, anything up to 24.9 is considered 'unhealthy' but shes not far off..
    She is way taller than the average woman + that's true. She is overweight that is for sure but extremely overweight is an exaggeration.

ReputationRep:
    whats your opinion on her body shape? (start at 40 seconds)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYI-XOVW4vg
    She's awesome!!

It's not about how the world sees you. It's about comfortable you are with yourself..

She does not seem to have any complexes of either being too fat or too thin.

ReputationRep:
    so that isnt her real figure then
    Yeah, it's imaginary...

(Original post by harinimnida)
    No no no. She is overweight you cannot deny that. Proportions and what you think looks good can't change the fact that she needs to eat less and cardio more.

One of her thighs is about 3 of mine and it's absolutely disgusting that the modelling industry is teaching girls that being big is beautiful. It's not, it's a heart attack waiting to happen.
    She's not at that level of fatness.

The real problem is promoting people like Tess Holliday.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Joker ~)
    She's awesome!!

It's not about how the world sees you. It's about comfortable you are with yourself..

She does not seem to have any complexes of either being too fat or too thin.
    shes a motivational speaker too haha

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, it's imaginary...

well its not exactly accurate then is it. and yeah i agree with you on Holliday

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, it's imaginary...

This is true, Tess holiday is clearly at a unhealthy weight. I think body positivity is great, but Tess holiday is promoting that in an unhealthy way. This model isn't.

ReputationRep:
    well its not exactly accurate then is it. and yeah i agree with you on Holliday
    Accurate about what? Her waist isn't going to be much bigger in its natural position. My point about having a flat stomach and still having curves would stay the same.
    (Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes)
    This is true, Tess holiday is clearly at a unhealthy weight. I think body positivity is great, but Tess holiday is promoting that in an unhealthy way. This model isn't.
    To be honest, I think being relatively lean, exercising regularly and being functionally strong (lifting weights/playing sports/doing bodyweight exercises) is what should be promoted as, not only do people who do that look great, more importantly, they're also very healthy.

ReputationRep:
    Tess Hoilday is not a plus size model nor a motivational speaker. She is just an obese woman encouraging obesity and too unmotivated herself to lose weight. She is the real problem in the model industry and with the world. It must be hard for her to find clothes and not be tried all the time. She is the true definition of obesity and extremely overweightness. The only thing she is motivating people do is to eat and gain pounds to their deaths. Just sayin. She is beautiful in the face but that weight dragging her down though..
    She is not very body positive to claim she's perfect at size 26.

ReputationRep:
    That woman is beautiful. Not only are her face and body great, but she has such confidence that it makes her even better

ReputationRep:
    hahahahahaha well you must be really overweight then because her bmi is only 25.1, 0.2 into the overweight category...not even close to obese so stop being so melodramatic
    The healthy BMI range is suggested in the same range for both men and women, which shouldn't be the case as men carry more muscle. If BMI ranges where adjusted to fit this, she'd be more into the overweight range

ReputationRep:
    i really disagree
    This isn't personal opinion. There's science that goes into this (and no, im not talking about BMI). Her body fat is unnaturally high - she will be susceptible to heart attacks, strokes, diabetes etc.

ReputationRep:
    whats your opinion on her body shape? (start at 40 seconds)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYI-XOVW4vg
    Not ideal but she's still hot, would be hotter is she was thinner
    There is a point that can be reached where a nice face can no longer rescue the horror that is the waistline, she's not there yet

ReputationRep:
    This is what she looks like:

She's got that 'endomorph' body structure, which some guys like.

Personally prefer something more like this:

Feminine but not big.
    Girl looks 12- disturbing
    • Very Important Poster

Great face and she carries the weight off well, but shed be smoking if she weighed less. Bit like Nigella in her prime. She does seem to make a career out of being plus size though.

ReputationRep:
    Beautiful. I love her body shape.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Harrie Lyons)
    Girl looks 12- disturbing
    Talking about her body. Her face and clothes make her look like a teenager but google says she's 22 or something.

Doesn't look 12 here:

ReputationRep:
    Talking about her body. Her face and clothes make her look like a teenager but google says she's 22 or something.

Doesn't look 12 here:

Tbh I think 99 percent of men would agree and all women know it. They say 'some men prefer curvy girls' . There are slight variations but I don't know any man that would prefer the model in this thread to this
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 203
Size:  315.8 KB

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.