Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Ryanair luggage Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    In a couple of days i will have a flight with ryanair and my problem is that my lugage have 23 cm in depth , but maxime size is 20 , i am suposed to pay for it?

ReputationRep:
    They are very strict and the chances are you will have to pay around 50gbp to check it.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, if they check and measure your bag and find it is too big while you're going through the gates you'll have to pay to have it put under the plane. And I think it costs more to have it checked in last minute too.

ReputationRep:
    If it's too big you'll end up getting to the departure gate and having it not fit into the luggage rack so they'll have to put it in hold. I think this costs £50 for each flight!

As the two users posted above. Best to either check it in straight or bring in a smaller bag
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    It is £50 as said above. Also £10 for each kg you're over the weight limit. Check the bag in now or get a smaller bag I'm afraid.

ReputationRep:
    Yes. All the posts are correct My grandma has to pay £40 extra for 4kg extra on her luggage. If it is a few extra cm, you may get away with it! OR You can get a carry bag, and use one of those vacuum bags and put all your clothes in this use carrier bag but they have a small section where you use a vacuum and it sucks all the air out and there is quite alot of space. You can buy these in the £1 shop.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by studentfeed)
    Yes. All the posts are correct My grandma has to pay £40 extra for 4kg extra on her luggage. If it is a few extra cm, you may get away with it! OR You can get a carry bag, and use one of those vacuum bags and put all your clothes in this use carrier bag but they have a small section where you use a vacuum and it sucks all the air out and there is quite alot of space. You can buy these in the £1 shop.
    I wouldn't take the risk! I've flew with Ryanair a few times and will be flying with them again in a few months - they are a little stingy and do not budge on their rules! If it's a few cm over it definitely won't fit!

That's a great suggestion on vacuum packing!
    I've heard of people doing it but wonder what would happen if you didn't have a vacuum e.g. If you went on holiday and your clothes didn't fit back in the case :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ReeceM1)
    I wouldn't take the risk! I've flew with Ryanair a few times and will be flying with them again in a few months - they are a little stingy and do not budge on their rules! If it's a few cm over it definitely won't fit!

That's a great suggestion on vacuum packing!
    I've heard of people doing it but wonder what would happen if you didn't have a vacuum e.g. If you went on holiday and your clothes didn't fit back in the case :/
    Yes! That would be awkward. Imagine if RyanAir had to search through your bag :albertein:

ReputationRep:
    I've flown to and from the UK with Ryanair on at least 30 different occasions in the past two years, and they have never checked the dimensions of my bag.

I'd say go for it, but make sure you have money available to pay if they do decide to check your bag!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.