Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone

I'm a grade 12 student and I'm planning to study MBBS in English
    I'm new to TSR and I really don't know how things are done here, so my post may be messy, excuse me

So, after travelling all around the world on the internet, I can say I went through more than 25% of the world's universities, and my final destination, China, caught my attention most.

Huazhong University and Nanjing Medical University are the two universities in China that I liked the most.

Now I have a few questions that I would be thankful if they're answered:

1) Are they good universities? Has anyone been to any one of them and can give me a brief review?

2) My IGCSE grades are 4A* 4A and now I'm doing AS levels and my predicted grades are above D in all, is that below average or is it good?

3) Maybe I missed some few good universities, so do you know any good, affordable universities in any part of the world which you can recommend for me?

If you help me enough, send me your address and after I graduate I'll meet you and I'll give you a cookie.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HatemGI)
    Hey everyone

I'm new to TSR and I really don't know how things are done here, so my post may be messy, excuse me

So, after travelling all around the world on the internet, I can say I went through more than 25% of the world's universities, and my final destination, China, caught my attention most.

Huazhong University and Nanjing Medical University are the two universities in China that I liked the most.

1) Are they good universities? Has anyone been to any one of them and can give me a brief review?

2) My IGCSE grades are 4A* 4A and now I'm doing AS levels and my predicted grades are above D in all, is that below average or is it good?

3) Maybe I missed some few good universities, so do you know any good, affordable universities in any part of the world which you can recommend for me?

If you help me enough, send me your address and after I graduate I'll meet you and I'll give you a cookie.
    I tHink yoU will HAVe to learn a yEar of Chinese in the first year to Get a place

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bloom77)
    I tHink yoU will HAVe to learn a yEar of Chinese in the first year to Get a place

Posted from TSR Mobile
    HSK (Mandarin proficiency tests) are required between usually level 3-8 depending on your institution and subject area of study.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bloom77)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    A year for language? Can't I do that while studying?

ReputationRep:
    A year for language? Can't I do that while studying?
    No.

ReputationRep:
    Ouch

ReputationRep:
    I thought most top international universites teach their courses in english....

If china doesnt its not worth taking a year out learning mandarin

ReputationRep:
    Exactly.. Although it has high-ranked universities..

ReputationRep:
    Is it normal to start losing hope from now?
    I don't wanna end up doing grade 13 and A levels
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    No where is going to take you on AS grades alone. I don't mean to be funny, but if you can't even face doing A2s how on earth do you expect to cope with doing medicine in a foreign country where you would have to learn a foreign language on top of everything?!

ReputationRep:
    Don't you have to do a levels to get a place at medical school?
    Confused, not sure what ur talking about lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone

I know that AS grades aren't everything, but "grades above D" doesn't sound very impressive, unless you mean AAAA which is above Ds, but surely you wouldn't mention Ds then.

ReputationRep:
    I never knew A levels have such importance till early 2016
    Cause basically our school doesn't give a rat's arse about our future so they don't talk to us about the average university requirements
    They only told us that AS levels will help us get admission in a university, without mentioning which university exactly

But actually there are some universities (For example here in Dubai) which accept IGCSE grades alone, which is weird, but that gives me some hope..
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    I never knew A levels have such importance till early 2016
    Cause basically our school doesn't give a rat's arse about our future so they don't talk to us about the average university requirements
    They only told us that AS levels will help us get admission in a university, without mentioning which university exactly

But actually there are some universities (For example here in Dubai) which accept IGCSE grades alone, which is weird, but that gives me some hope..
    The majority of medical schools, world wide, will need some form of senior qualifications (i.e. a-levels). But it still begs the question about are you prepared to put in the work. Medicine is not an easy subject in the slightest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForestCat)
    No where is going to take you on AS grades alone. I don't mean to be funny, but if you can't even face doing A2s how on earth do you expect to cope with doing medicine in a foreign country where you would have to learn a foreign language on top of everything?!
    I really don't mind doing A levels but if my school gave us atleast some information earlier, I would've applied for A levels this year to avoid wasting another year.
    But now the deadline for registration has passed.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    I really don't mind doing A levels but if my school gave us atleast some information earlier, I would've applied for A levels this year to avoid wasting another year.
    But now the deadline for registration has passed.
    I'm a bit confused. Are you doing your country's form of senior qualification in addition to a-level?

ReputationRep:
    I'm a bit confused. Are you doing your country's form of senior qualification in addition to a-level?
    Nopeee, it's British curriculum, IGCSE, then AS levels(which is a part of A levels), and then A levels(the completion of AS levels)
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Nopeee, it's British curriculum, IGCSE, then AS levels(which is a part of A levels), and then A levels(the completion of AS levels)
    So then why were you not automatically entered to complete the a-levels. The as is only a part of the qualification and most places won't accept you on as alone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by apronedsamurai)
    HSK (Mandarin proficiency tests) are required between usually level 3-8 depending on your institution and subject area of study.
    HSK6 is the highest level of the tests. There is no such thing as HSK7 or HSK8.

ReputationRep:
    So then why were you not automatically entered to complete the a-levels. The as is only a part of the qualification and most places won't accept you on as alone.
    This is so sad.. my hopes.. they're disappearing..

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.