The Student Room Group

Steps to achieving my aim of becoming a Primary School Teacher

Hello everyone :h:

Hope you're all well, and welcome to my Grow your grades blog entry!

My name is Chris, and I'm a 16 year old, currently in year 11 that is studying for my GCSEs, of which my first exam AQA Biology is in JUST 90 days!! :yikes::zomg:

Last year, in year 10, I took a big step after I decided to join a new school in my area, meaning I had to adapt to a variety of changes (the main one being staying at school until 17:00pm each day! Yes thats right! And 18:00 on Wednesday!) Plus making new friends, and studying hard to achieve!

In the future, as per the title, my dream job is to become a primary school teacher.
In order to achieve this dream, certain objectives are required to be met! My aim is to get great grades (Fingers Crossed), then move on to study a levels in English, Biology and Chemistry, possibly Law.
After a levels, I aim to progress onto university and stduy hard!!!

My target grades are as follows:
English A
Maths B
Science B
Computing B
Business B
Geography B
Engineering Level 2 BTEC Distinction (A)

I'd best get off of TSR now, and start studying!!

Any questions, feel free to ask!

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog, and GOOD LUCK everyone!!

PS: A MacBook Air would be wonderful for my university studies!!
Good luck on the blog! What are you hoping to do after GCSEs? :smile: And you have to stay at school till 5/6pm? :tongue:
Reply 2
Original post by Black Rose
Good luck on the blog! What are you hoping to do after GCSEs? :smile: And you have to stay at school till 5/6pm? :tongue:

Thank You very much! After GCSEs, I am hoping to study A Level English Language, Chemistry, Biology and possibly Law at Cirencester.
Yes I DO have to stay at school till 5pm!
Mondays are 8:30 till 4pm (Staff have 1hr meeting 4pm)
Tuesday To Thursday 8:30 till 5pm
Wednesday I stay till 6pm for extra optional computing
Fridays are 8:30am till 4pm.

In the next half term, we are going in to study! Its compulsory!
Reply 3
"And those who can't teach, teach primary" - Nativity

I jest... good luck! With some hard work and dedication, you can get some great grades!
Reply 4
Original post by jamestg
"And those who can't teach, teach primary" - Nativity

I jest... good luck! With some hard work and dedication, you can get some great grades!

Thanks! Good luck to you too! What advice would you give to me please? Thanks :smile:
Reply 5
Good luck mate!
Reply 6
Original post by kennethdcharles
Good luck mate!

Same to you mate!
Reply 7
@Tank Girl Just thought I'd let you know (although I'm sure you already know!) here is my GYG competition entry.
How are you?
Reply 8
UPDATE:

SATURDAY 20TH FEBRUARY: Completed an English Past Paper 2 hours 15 minutes! Feel it went well! :smile:

SUNDAY 21ST FEBRUARY: Working on 2 maths past papers (calculator and non calculator) Going well so far! I always seem to do beter on the calculator paper over non calculator propably becuase you get longer, and the questions are generally worth more marks! What's your opinion on the maths gcse papers? My exam board is AQA by the way! (Linear Specification)

Who's going back to school tomorrow? The holidays are nearly over :frown:I'm going to be very busy at school this term! (Loads of coursework to finsih and submit 😬😰😩😨😧)

Anyway, on another note: Hope everyone had a great half term and made use of it!
Reply 9
LATEST UPDATE:

This weekend, I will be working on my English Language Macbeth Controlled Assessment Draft, Finishing off/ammending my OCR GCSE A452 & A453 Computing Controlled Asessments, whilst preparing for my Geography AQA B Energy in the 21st Century Controlled Asessment.

I will also be revising for my engineering exam on the 14th March!

Lots to do this weekend, as well as preparing for mothers day!

How's everyone else feeling about exams and how fast they are approaching?
What's everyone going to be studying next year? I'm considering A levels in English Language, Biology, Psychology, Law and Pre Teaching 2nd year.

@kennethdcharles Did you do your AQA GCSE Geography Controlled Assessment? What task did you do for your second one? Any advice appreciated.

Thanks and best of luck everyone!! KEEP UP THE HARD WORK!! ☺😊😀😁😃😄
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 10
LATEST UPDATE:

Hi everyone,
Firstly, please accept my sincere apologies since I haven't updated my GYG blog entry for a long time! (I've been so busy studying, finishing assignments/coursework, and now have work every saturday for 5hrs)

Hope the exams are going well for everyone. So far, I've sat my AQA GCSE Biology Unit 1 exam (Very interesting questions!) and my AQA GCSE Chemistry Unit 1 exam.

This week, I have four exams as follows:
Tuesday afternoon: AQA GCSE Geogragy B Unit 1 The Coastal Environment and Urbanisation (90 minutes).
Wednesday morning: EDEXCEL GCSE Business Studies Unit 1 (Multiple Choice 45 minutes).
Wednesday afternoon: AQA GCSE Physics Unit 1(60 minutes).
Thursday morning: AQA GCSE Maths Linear B 4365 Paper 1 Non Calculator (90 minutes).

Then, on Saturday I have work for 5 hours, and then a week of half term, in which the teachers at my school have welcomed us to come in for any help ready for our exams after half term.
All my exams are higher tier, with the exception of Business Studies and Computing which have no tiers.

GOOD LUCK WITH ALL YOUR EXAMS EVERYONE!! 😀

Has anyone signed up to do NCS in the summer? I have for the West.

Feel free to message me for any helps, tips or advice.

Regards, and keep up the hard work!
Chris
Reply 11
I've just finished a Unit 1 Business Studies past paper, and got 39/40 A*.
Will now be revising for Geography after having some lunch.
After my Geography revision, I will be revising for Phyiscs Unit 1, reviewing my weaker areas.
Reply 12
Haven't updated my thread in ages.... GCSEs (sigh!)
Hope the exams and revision is going well for everyone!
I only have TWO more exams left!!!
AQA GCSE CHEMISTRY UNIT 2 (Tomorrow Afternoon)
AQA GCSE PHYSICS UNIT 2 (Friday Morning)

Good luck all, hope you get the grades you want in August :biggrin:

Back to the revision for me! :frown:
Reply 13
Hello all,
Hope everyone is good, and enjoying a simply stunning summer! (Well earnt!)
I'm off for NCS in a few weeks and can't wait! Anyone else doing NCS?

Good luck with the exam results! Not long to go now!

Regards :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest