Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Girls... I just can't even understand. Watch

ReputationRep:
    Okay so, before this first date she'd pop up like all the time saying " hi x" etc etc... then she professes to like me and so I asked her out and then we went on a first date. Since then it seems she's taken a back seat when it comes to popping up and replying to texts. So I said to myself that I'd do the hard work till the second date anyways. So we went on another date which went quite decently... I asked her to be my girlfriend and she said yes and now we're a couple. Problem is she still has this backseat attitude and frankly even girls who DONT like me pop up occasionally or at least text back to a partially dead reply. Sure we have a few live conversations and she is quite fun to talk to but since we are a long distance relationship she needs to put more effort into texting. I'm currently experimenting by not popping up for some time and trying to see if she'll actually pop up. Which she has done in the past... idk what changed and I know the dates went pretty damn well. You'd think now that shes my girlfriend (quite willingly) she'd give me all of her but apparently not. I'm tempted to text her and say "it takes two to tango"

Any help is appreciated

ReputationRep:
    Dk why she doesn't want to talk to you that's odd..

just text her like you said and ask her

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alkaline.)
    Dk why she doesn't want to talk to you that's odd..

just text her like you said and ask her

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Isn't that a bit weird? Asking her... why don't you text me first.. itd make me sound like a beg... which i am,. but thats not the point xD

ReputationRep:
    Just wait for her to text you. Maybe she liked the chase and now she has got you she has become lazy?

ReputationRep:
    I'd text her saying "hey you alright? you haven't been as chatty lately as you were before" or something to that effect. Being in a LDR communication via text/other electronic means is very important, if she can't get on board with that maybe try find someone else.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chikane)
    Just wait for her to text you. Maybe she liked the chase and now she has got you she has become lazy?
    Maybe... I think I'll wait till tomorrow evening and see what happens.... if she hasn't popped up by then... I'll have to talk to her about it :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katarvi)
    I'd text her saying "hey you alright? you haven't been as chatty lately as you were before" or something to that effect. Being in a LDR communication via text/other electronic means is very important, if she can't get on board with that maybe try find someone else.
    I think you're right, I'll text her tomorrow evening if she hasn't popped up by then and if she can't get on board I'll let her know how I feel about it

ReputationRep:
    To me it looks like she doesn't want to come across as needy to you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goldenshades)
    To me it looks like she doesn't want to come across as needy to you
    Fair point... But she'd better be needy af.. I haven't got time for girls who play hard to get -_- xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Someboady)
    Fair point... But she'd better be needy af.. I haven't got time for girls who play hard to get -_- xD
    lool girls always seem to get the impression guys don't want high maintenance girls so maybe she genuinely does think that?

(Original post by Someboady)
    Isn't that a bit weird? Asking her... why don't you text me first.. itd make me sound like a beg... which i am,. but thats not the point xD
    lol okay, just ask her whats up and whether she's been okay lately because you haven't heard from her

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, that's very strange:\
    I'm the type of person who hates texting, and rarely ever responds to people (lol), but even I always tell my friends that beforehand. I suppose there's a chance she might be like that, but maybe there's something going on in her life.
    I recommend bringing this up to her attention. Communication is key in every relationship
    Good luck ♥

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lo24la)
    Hmm, that's very strange:\
    I'm the type of person who hates texting, and rarely ever responds to people (lol), but even I always tell my friends that beforehand. I suppose there's a chance she might be like that, but maybe there's something going on in her life.
    I recommend bringing this up to her attention. Communication is key in every relationship
    Good luck ♥
    She's by far the most confusing girl I've ever met xD but yeah, I'm definitely bringing it up... Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I just think she likes her freedom and since she's probably down a lot of time with you, it might be hard for her get to used to the idea of being in a close knit relationship IE the boyfriend/girlfriend paradigm. I know it may be a long distance thing but it could be that she's freaking out a little with the change... I don't know

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    yeah dude because she started it and was interested in u first she is probs worried that she comes across as attention seeking or desperate or whatever if she keeps texting u
    i would just tell her that its fine

ReputationRep:
    These are just games. Stop playing games with her if you like her and just talk to her.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 16, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.