Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Stopping the use of your mobile phone Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone ever just completely stopped using there phone for a few months, i kind of need to due to not revising enough / procrastinating lol
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    I only really use mine as an alarm clock, perhaps topping it up with £20 a year for emergency calls. Though, I do live in an area with no mobile signal...
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Coerce)
    Has anyone ever just completely stopped using there phone for a few months, i kind of need to due to not revising enough / procrastinating lol
    What? I get annoyed when I can't use my phone on a 2 hour flight....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    What? I get annoyed when I can't use my phone on a 2 hour flight....
    I speak to a select few constantly.. so much so when I revise I'm thinkin' about whats going on in the group chats etc.. and jus procrastinate away from actually working, lmao

ReputationRep:
    I don't have a mobile phone... I don't have friends so I wouldn't use it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    I only really use mine as an alarm clock, perhaps topping it up with £20 a year for emergency calls. Though, I do live in an area with no mobile signal...
    I need an alarm clock I actually wake up too, I jus 'snooze' and fall asleep.. got an iPad for the alarm anyways

ReputationRep:
    Might throw mine away, never used to use it very much and it just makes me feel worse tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whorace)
    Might throw mine away, never used to use it very much and it just makes me feel worse tbh
    Why make you feel worse

I only use mine to keep in touch with one or two friends, and to go through my social media in bed

I could throw it away I guess

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Coerce)
    Why make you feel worse
    Too much activity, snapchat, etc it's just too much pace, usually its boring, and you end up missing out on irl convos cus people text and texting is boring as fk, I feel like i'd be much better if I didn't feel the need to grab my phone every two seconds and actually just enjoyed some silence.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whorace)
    Too much activity, snapchat, etc it's just too much pace, usually its boring, and you end up missing out on irl convos cus people text and texting is boring as fk, I feel like i'd be much better if I didn't feel the need to grab my phone every two seconds and actually just enjoyed some silence.
    Amen

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.