Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I became very interested in algorithmic trading/quantitative finance since last year so I changed my Phd research plan to a topic relevant to algorithmic trading.

Since my background is computer science, I am trying very hard to equip myself with financial skills while working on my research. I took a number of relevant financial courses from Coursera and read some books. I am wondering if anyone possibly working in that area could give me some recommendations about what I should do for preparing for a career in that area; ideally to become an algorithmic trader. For now, personally, I am interested in this online course for Standford:

http://scpd.stanford.edu/public/cate...teId=14715517&

More about my background, I have a BSc. and MSc in computer science from Thailand. I had been working on Neural network for cancer prediction research for a few years. Then I decided to push myself forward to Machine Learning. So I did another MSc in Advanced computing: Data mining, Machine learning and High performance computing at University of Bristol,UK. Now I am doing my Phd in Computer Science (doing algorithmic trading using Machine learning research).

Your thoughts, tips or experience would be much appreciated!

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.