Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    been accepted on Nursing (adult) courses in York and Lincoln for 2016 entry. I am very keen to go for self-catered accommodation as I prefer to cook my own food and was worried that having shifts at strange times might interfere with when I could eat in catered. But I my mum is worried that I might not have the time to be able to make my own meals and is upset that I might not eat enough. Any input would be really helpful as accommodation applications open in the next 2 months and I want to get my application in ASAP to get my favourites.
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by RachelHarrison)
    Hi,
    been accepted on Nursing (adult) courses in York and Lincoln for 2016 entry. I am very keen to go for self-catered accommodation as I prefer to cook my own food and was worried that having shifts at strange times might interfere with when I could eat in catered. But I my mum is worried that I might not have the time to be able to make my own meals and is upset that I might not eat enough. Any input would be really helpful as accommodation applications open in the next 2 months and I want to get my application in ASAP to get my favourites.
    Self catered as you say you ll miss meals with shifts and it's much better value for money. If you meal plan and try to keep a lazy meal in just in case you re not up to cooking and I m sure you ll be fine

ReputationRep:
    Self-catered. It's better value, probably better-tasting, and you won't end up missing food with shifts. You can always cook meals in bulk and freeze the extra portions for the days when you don't have time to cook.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RachelHarrison)
    Hi,
    Self-catered. I did it and it was absolutely fine. Just plan ahead, cook in batches on your days off and bung it in the freezer for reheating another day. Do put time and effort into cooking and eating well, as good health will help you feel more energised for placements and so on

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.