Nursing - Catered or Self-Catered Watch

RachelHarrison
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi,
been accepted on Nursing (adult) courses in York and Lincoln for 2016 entry. I am very keen to go for self-catered accommodation as I prefer to cook my own food and was worried that having shifts at strange times might interfere with when I could eat in catered. But I my mum is worried that I might not have the time to be able to make my own meals and is upset that I might not eat enough. Any input would be really helpful as accommodation applications open in the next 2 months and I want to get my application in ASAP to get my favourites.
claireestelle
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by RachelHarrison)
Hi,
been accepted on Nursing (adult) courses in York and Lincoln for 2016 entry. I am very keen to go for self-catered accommodation as I prefer to cook my own food and was worried that having shifts at strange times might interfere with when I could eat in catered. But I my mum is worried that I might not have the time to be able to make my own meals and is upset that I might not eat enough. Any input would be really helpful as accommodation applications open in the next 2 months and I want to get my application in ASAP to get my favourites.
Self catered as you say you ll miss meals with shifts and it's much better value for money. If you meal plan and try to keep a lazy meal in just in case you re not up to cooking and I m sure you ll be fine
opalescent
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Self-catered. It's better value, probably better-tasting, and you won't end up missing food with shifts. You can always cook meals in bulk and freeze the extra portions for the days when you don't have time to cook.
PaediatricStN
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by RachelHarrison)
Hi,
Self-catered. I did it and it was absolutely fine. Just plan ahead, cook in batches on your days off and bung it in the freezer for reheating another day. Do put time and effort into cooking and eating well, as good health will help you feel more energised for placements and so on
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Manchester Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Jun '19
  • University of West London
    Undergraduate Open Day - West London Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Jun '19
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (264)
15.31%
The paper was reasonable (960)
55.68%
Not feeling great about that exam... (371)
21.52%
It was TERRIBLE (129)
7.48%

Watched Threads