Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Struggling with revision? Join the TSR session every hour!! From 7am-2am. Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Guls)
    Today I spent an hour, half in the shower trying to wake myself up and the other half getting my buss pass.
    I tried napping it aint my things, I always end up tireder than before
    Whaaat. Basically 2 hours down the drain.

Tip is too set the water warm and scrub quick. Then BLAST the water cold. Yes, COLD.

Naps can be beautiful if you have them short and quick. Too long and it feels horrible.

ReputationRep:
    Have to do a model paper for maths and biology past paper questions from a unit. Already finished music revision (could have put more energy into it) and did half an english essay today has been kind of ok not amazing but ok

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zacken)
    It sounds like a lot to me, sshh.
    :indiff:

:rofl:

Haha, I suppose so. It feels more and more like a job once you do it for long enough though. They're quite well behaved though, so they're not too hard to handle. Yep, going to do some STEP and maybe, dare I say, even venture in some physics tonight. You?
    Ah, that's good to hear + yes, I can imagine. I think it'd be quite a rewarding thing too.- Like, seeing them all slowly progress + stuff. :moon: Oh sounds good!( and challenging :afraid: ). Good luck! Oh hm..I'm going to write my essay righttt now only bc I'm absolutely sick of saying and writing out that word.. so I just need to do it so I don't have to say it anymore. + I'm pretty sure you're all tired of hearing it too. XD

I know, right?! I didn't even get a notification to say you replied and I'm only just seeing this now because of that stupid breakage. :rofl: Could be good for productivity, I suppose, bright side. :yep:
    :lol: Yes, same. - Manually checking is annoying though. >.>

Truee. Meh. I'm going to try and get some stuff done.- hopefully it'll sort itself out by the time I return. :cute:

ReputationRep:
    :work: 7:00pm. :work:
    ~Logging out time!~

:mad:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nettled)
    Naps can be beautiful if you have them short and quick.
    Gosh, yes. :moon:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anon_98)
    Ah, that's good to hear + yes, I can imagine. I think it'd be quite a rewarding thing too.- Like, seeing them all slowly progress + stuff. :moon: Oh sounds good!( and challenging :afraid: ).
    I suppose so, yes. :lol: Update: didn't actually do any STEP, lol.

Oh hm..I'm going to write my essay righttt now only bc I'm absolutely sick of saying and writing out that word.. so I just need to do it so I don't have to say it anymore. + I'm pretty sure you're all tired of hearing it too. XD
    Fair enough, good luck with it! Enjoy it as well.

See you in a bit. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Whaaat. Basically 2 hours down the drain.

Tip is too set the water warm and scrub quick. Then BLAST the water cold. Yes, COLD.

Naps can be beautiful if you have them short and quick. Too long and it feels horrible.
    Thanks for the advice. 😅

When can you not have naps. I heard after 6 isn't good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anon_98)
    Gosh, yes. :moon:
    Haha your schedule looked crazy at one point too. What's your sleep schedule like?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Guls)
    Thanks for the advice. 😅

When can you not have naps. I heard after 6 isn't good.
    I only stick with my shower advice. My sleep schedule is not too good tbh. All I know is that if I nap for too long I wake up feeling groggy. Naps can be a good power booster though.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone got any tips for remembering A2 biology? Doing WJEC :colondollar:

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to search chem material on google today, no hardcore revision as I'm back at school

ReputationRep:
    Checking back in after a week. My week has not been as productive as I would've liked. I am doing psychology now and will be moving on to history until about 1 am. I am still struggling with C2 trig equations .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Redblaziken8)
    Has anyone got any tips for remembering A2 biology? Doing WJEC :colondollar:
    Flashcards! I do OCR, but to condense the vast amount of text, literally flashcards. Highlighters, felt tips, coloured pens, or do posters, unleash your inner stationery! I've been making them bit by bit throughout the year, so to start now may seem daunting. Maybe type them up? I dunno, just a suggestion

ReputationRep:
    I found a bank or NMR questions + allsorts, so I'm good for the day, good night revising crew!

Spoiler:
    Show
    Zacken I swear, for realsies, you won't find me again today

ReputationRep:
    I'll give flashcards a go and why not try typing my notes up too . Thank you for your suggestion! Have fun revising chemistry just done my homework on NMR. 👍🏻
    (Original post by Kamara7)
    Flashcards! I do OCR, but to condense the vast amount of text, literally flashcards. Highlighters, felt tips, coloured pens, or do posters, unleash your inner stationery! I've been making them bit by bit throughout the year, so to start now may seem daunting. Maybe type them up? I dunno, just a suggestion

ReputationRep:
    Do you have a link for that mate?
    I found a bank or NMR questions + allsorts, so I'm good for the day, good night revising crew!
    Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Hahahaha, night! :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Ah I have had no time to revise in the Easter, due to unforeseen circumstances :F. Which isn't exactly great but oh well I'll have to deal with it. Damn, I've got 2 frees tomorrow and I plan on going through the mechanics section for physics and also do an S1 paper for maths, as in my mock, I got a U in the stats mock, but an A in Core 1! Leaving me with a C overall which I was unhappy with...

How are you all getting on?

Have the clocks not gone forward an hour on this site?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GamingandMaths)
    Ah I have had no time to revise in the Easter, due to unforeseen circumstances :F
    I'm sorry to hear that.

Damn, I've got 2 frees tomorrow and I plan on going through the mechanics section for physics and also do an S1 paper for maths, as in my mock, I got a U in the stats mock, but an A in Core 1! Leaving me with a C overall which I was unhappy with...
    Good luck! Do come on TSR if you need help with maths. I tend to be okay at explaining things if you don't get it.

How are you all getting on?
    You don't wanna know.

Have the clocks not gone forward an hour on this site?
    Your time settings for the site are probably on GMT, which doesn't have daylight savings. If you want to change that, go to account settings.

ReputationRep:
    Update: didn't actually do any STEP, lol.

Haha your schedule looked crazy at one point too. What's your sleep schedule like?
    "Schedule" :rofl: I don't think it deserves such a term. - Well, I haven't slept at all today. :rofl: I'm literally breathing on 0hrs of rest.

I don't even know why I'm laughing considering I'm not feeling great about the entire situation.

What about yours?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
    Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.