Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Struggling with revision? Join the TSR session every hour!! From 7am-2am. Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zacken)
    No.
    Hey, how are u?
    Wow! Glad to know that it isn't too late still! When will you start revising? or have you already started revising? Are you confident with content?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Sorry for sounding like a grandma

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheTeresaLover)
    Hey, how are u?
    Wow! Glad to know that it isn't too late still! When will you start revising? or have you already started revising? Are you confident with content?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Sorry for sounding like a grandma
    Hey! I'm fine. I'll probably start whenever I feel like. Being a Cambridge maths applicant means that all I need is about 50% in my Physics A-Level to meet my offer since maths and further maths is a bit of a joke, then there's just STEP to worry about. But that's a bit of an exception limited to just Maths offer holders. :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Hey! I'm fine. I'll probably start whenever I feel like. Being a Cambridge maths applicant means that all I need is about 50% in my Physics A-Level to meet my offer since maths and further maths is a bit of a joke, then there's just STEP to worry about. But that's a bit of an exception limited to just Maths offer holders. :lol:
    Wow!!! Lucky you! Only 50% in Physics! :eek: Lol, OK I need to start seriously then! Lol

ReputationRep:
    Wow!!! Lucky you! Only 50% in Physics! :eek: Lol, OK I need to start seriously then! Lol
    Okay, I might have been overly generous there. I got 289/300 at AS, so I only need 191/300 at A2 to get an A and meet my offer. :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Okay, I might have been overly generous there. I got 289/300 at AS, so I only need 191/300 at A2 to get an A and meet my offer. :lol:
    Oh ok. Still smart work pays off well so well done! :borat:

ReputationRep:
    Oh ok. Still smart work pays off well so well done! :borat:
    But honestly, if you start within the next week or so, you'll be more than fine. :borat:

ReputationRep:
    But honestly, if you start within the next week or so, you'll be more than fine. :borat:
    You think so? I mean I've been wanting to make my timetable so that I know how much to revise for each subject but my ISAs came in my way. N besides I'm retaking (business and bio is a pain, chemistry is fine) so I need to do them too! Well my fault for not starting early!

ReputationRep:
    What is this? It sounds awesome. What's your essay about?
    Life Is Strange, the episodic choice game. Have you played it? It's a literary theory essay so it's theory/psychology/phil all rolled into one. I won't go into the details but I'm talking about Foucault's Panopticon and how it's structured in the game through some major characters + the psych behind their actions. It genuinely makes no sense. It's so far-fetched. :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Did a biology papers today and got an A*! A big and much needed confidence boost even if I did land exactly on the boundary. When I'd got my mark I thought id got a C as it was 63/90.

Also got a C in a c4 maths paper. Am slowly improving. Hate vectors though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Have not even started on chem 5 papers yet, only just finished drilling the content into my head.... do you think I have enough time to work myself up to A/B territory?
    Well done btw!

ReputationRep:
    Advise needed : do you think making notes at this stage is bad? Iv done the rest of biology but were doing content still in college so shall I make notes or shall I use sticky notes summarising and doing past exam questions?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goal101)
    Advise needed : do you think making notes at this stage is bad? Iv done the rest of biology but were doing content still in college so shall I make notes or shall I use sticky notes summarising and doing past exam questions?
    Ofc not I myself will be making psychology notes today and it's best to make notes now than a week before the exam

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone watch Bates Motel on Netflix? It may or may not be the reason why I haven't done anything today :innocent: I was going to type up notes for the second psychology paper I'll have, but I guess I'll have to do that tomorrow. On the bright side, I've nearly finished season 1!

ReputationRep:
    My agenda for today:

Do a C4 paper
    Watch S1 E9 of Bates Motel
    Actually do psychology notes
    Finish S1 of Bates Motel

On other news, it's a week till May :eek: :eek2: :eek3: :eek4: :shock:

ReputationRep:
    Any one have any tips on how to revise AS LAW ..Im fine with unit 1 but unit 2 just catches me out all the time and i just cant seem to remember anything i revise...my exam is in a month and im really worried im going to fail. Advice would be much appreciated

ReputationRep:
    Finally done my psychology notes and did the C4 paper I think I'll be able to finish S1 of Bates Motel tonight

ReputationRep:
    so...

ReputationRep:
    okay despite only being able to only do a single past paper over four days. I feel better now than how I felt last week because I had my Chem EMPA and Bio Isa on the same bleeding day.

Nevertheless I shall yearn for that motivation I once had.

Exams that I have this HALF TERM:

Chem EMPA written
    Maths core 1
    Bio F211

shall be focusing on those while doing abit of
    S1
    Chem 2

Chem 4
    Core3
    F214
    Core 4
    Spoiler:
    Show
    The ones in bold are the ones I am feeling shakey about. the rest I either havent started past papers or finished the content

ReputationRep:
    Lots to do today!

Physics notes and Q's
    Chem notes & Q's
    C4 revision

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Got to do 2 maths papers, go over all the maths topics and do some core biology in the next session

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.