tommorrow the plan is;
8am-9:30am - do C3 June 2012 then mark
9:45am- 11am do the C1 Gold 4 paper then mark
11:15am-1:45pm do Biology Unit 4 January 2012 then mark
break for lunch
2:30pm-4pm do M1 January 2012 then mark
4:30pm-5:30pm Memorise some Biology Unit 5 key sequences
5:45pm-6:45pm Memorise some Chemistry Unit 5 Calculations/their applications
7pm-8/9pm i guess do some C1 solomons papers.

seems like alot but i'll update you guys periodically on how i do tomorrow, for now g'night :smile:

forgot that i have maths tutor today so will need to leave at about 4 to get there, so will need to re-jig some things round abit.
but yeah, got up early so gunna get some breakfast, grab a coffee and might start a little early :smile:, maybe 730 or so with the C3 paper
Do I have to stop studying 1 day before the exam?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jkhan9625
Do I have to stop studying 1 day before the exam?

Posted from TSR Mobile

i wouldnt do hardcore studying the day before the exam, but still go through things and make sure you know everything, usually do afew papers but don't be overly strict on them, use them more to memorize forgotten things than under exam conditions is what i do.

Anyways :3, because i started my first 2 sessions early i finished them about an hour early as well... the C1 gold paper 4 is brutal... will probably take it to my tutor tonight so we can go through my mistakes.
got 57/75 on C1 Gold 4 (an A)
and 70/75 on C3 June 2012 (also an A)
time to grab a snack and then onwards to Biology Unit 4 January 2012!
Reply 3163
Original post by KINGYusuf
But isn't that like 5 hours of sleep? :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Mmm.. We could've pretended it was more than that. )':

But it doesn't matter a whole lot bc I didn't have an exam today and anyway I've slept lots throughout the past week (like, 9 hours + ) so it sort of compensates. :'3
If anyone wants Mr Bruff's A* Videos (10 In depth videos each 15-30 mins long), PM me! 6 Videos for GCSE English Language and 4 for English Literature (one covering each question in depth). Helped me get 2 A*s last year!

Also have AIC and OMAM recourses if anyone is interested.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3165
Well, I finally went to bed at around 3am last night so I thought it'd be a bit ridiculous if I woke up at 6:00 and therefore decided on 8:45 instead. I haven't done anything since I woke up though but I'm going to begin at 12:00. Will be crash watching 96 C2 videos + working through exercise book questions in preparation for the exam next week. Really want to get it done before 2:30pm today as that's when I'm going into sixth form. Let's see if I can do itttttt.- Hopefully I will.
This is a good idea :rave:
I wish i found this thread sooner, it's increased my productivity soo much :biggrin:
Just done the Biology Unit 4 January 2012 paper and it was relatively straight forward so that's good, showed me a few areas i need to look over when i get the time too so thats also good :P
got 75/90 on Biology Unit 4 January 2012 (an A :biggrin: )
so yeah, because i started an hour earlier im still an hour ahead of schedule, gunna take a lunch break and shower, and do the M1 January 2012 paper at around 1:45, and finish and mark it at 3:15, then maybe do some biology Unit 5 but ultimately prepare for maths tutor :smile:.
Reply 3168
So it's almost 2:30pm + I think I was kinda being too ambitious ... only got to 51/96. I think it's partly due to the fact I was completing too many questions in the textbook. Ah well. But now I've got to stop + go into schooolll otherwise I'll be late. Ew. I already think I'm late tbh bc I need to leave the house in, like 300 seconds and I'm not ready. I am so tempted to just continue with my revision instead bc I was actually enjoying it + our lessons are super pointless now anyway. - Everyone just sits there for 60 mins chatting about clouds. )':

Okay well, I'll probably be able to get back to this at 6pm.
It's been a while since I was here.

I'm going to cough my way through memorising another chapter for history (I'm not being overly ambitious)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3170
Meeeeeep. Change of plan. In this next block I'll be continuing with C2 videos stuffz. Aiming to also complete and mark a past paper by 5:00pm.
just did the M1 paper, finished a little early because i found it fairly straight-forward. I think i should be fine for M1, as i've only done 4 papers (this was my 5th one) and each time i was only a silly mistake off full marks.
got 72/75 (an A) because i forgot one of the vector rules which was really quite simple (r= r0 + vt) so yeah.
Going to get my bag set, ready for tutor which is in an hour, then crack on with memorizing some biology unit 5 (will probably spend an hour on this before tutor)

when i get back from tutor at about 7 ill do the chemistry unit 5 calculation stuff i wanted to do until 8, then see how tired i am but maybe will do some C1 solomons paper questions till about 930.
Going to do b2/3 revision and then two past papers
Didn't get that much done in the hour :/, so my plan is to finish Topic 1 of Unit 5 Biology after tutor (Aerobic and Anaerobic Respiration and Resporimeters left), then spend an hour or so on the chemistry unit 5 calculations, and this should bring me to about 9pm.
Not sure if i'll get any C1 solomons papers done today but we'll see.
Reply 3174
I have just finished watching all the Maths videos from the unit and have practiced a lot of questions from the exercise book. I was planning to do a past paper straight away rn but I don't think I can bc I'm feeling really tired + sick. Think I'll take a 25 min nap first to recover ..lol, then start one afterwards.
Reply 3175
Oh goodness. - That was so great.

Okay, I'm going to start with the June 2010 in this block.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Got a D in chem coursework lol what even is the point of revision, my A grade is out the window before I even sit the exams :frown:
Original post by Lularose83
Got a D in chem coursework lol what even is the point of revision, my A grade is out the window before I even sit the exams :frown:

Depending on the weight of the coursework, if you try really hard, you could still potentially get a low A.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by nomophobia
Depending on the weight of the coursework, if you try really hard, you could still potentially get a low A.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's 20% :frown:
Reply 3179
Original post by Lularose83
It's 20% :frown:

Hey, I'm really sorry to hear that your coursework didn't turn out as great as you wanted but I agree with Nomophobia. I don't think 20% means you have lost all chance in achieving an A grade at all and I suppose, you should maybe try and think of it like.. there's even more reason for you to revise harder now so you can get it bc it won't be as easy. Yes, it could've gone better and I wish it had for you too but it's still do-able. At least I think it is bc we were told by our teachers last year that we could get a U grade in our coursework and still achieve an A overall and ours was worth 25% so idk. :s-smilie:

Don't lose hope, and even if you don't get the A then at least you know you tried your best with it instead of giving up. You can do this.:hugs:
(edited 7 years ago)