Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Struggling with revision? Join the TSR session every hour!! From 7am-2am. Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Decent revision day, went over some F582 evaluation points + did revision posters & F585 notes - J curve.
    2 days 9+hrs until AQA MPC1 [retake - 18th] ; going to get a past paper done tomorrow just for exam technique reiteration & focus on my weaker areas.

That's my first exam but I know some of you guys may haven exams tomorrow or on Tuesday, give your exam boards a swift kick up the backside on me 👍👍👍xD

ReputationRep:
    tommorrow the plan is;
    8am-9:30am - do C3 June 2012 then mark
    9:45am- 11am do the C1 Gold 4 paper then mark
    11:15am-1:45pm do Biology Unit 4 January 2012 then mark
    break for lunch
    2:30pm-4pm do M1 January 2012 then mark
    4:30pm-5:30pm Memorise some Biology Unit 5 key sequences
    5:45pm-6:45pm Memorise some Chemistry Unit 5 Calculations/their applications
    7pm-8/9pm i guess do some C1 solomons papers.

seems like alot but i'll update you guys periodically on how i do tomorrow, for now g'night

ReputationRep:
    I started at 11:00pm, rather than half 10 but I did complete half..ish of the Chem paper in that time. It's a 1.45hr paper so there's still quite a lot to do but I'm not going to finish the rest until tomorrow bc I think I should revise some topics first as I'm a bit meh with some of the material in there so it'll probably be more useful that way. Anyway as of now, I'm going to take a 10 minute break then probably do another C1 paper.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zacken)
    You've been quite productive today, well done! <3 :hugs: :woo:
    Thank you! <3

ReputationRep:
    Started a bit late but just finished + marked the June 2011 paper + I think I'm going to stop now.

I've been working since, like, 7am today and I'm so incredibly proud of myself.- highlight of the week. (yay)

Going to continue in the same style after school tomorrow but hopefully be more efficient by not taking naps etc. Also to help get more done, I'll wake up at 6am despite starting at 10am.(double yay)

Goodnightt.

ReputationRep:
    But isn't that like 5 hours of sleep?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thomith)
    tommorrow the plan is;
    8am-9:30am - do C3 June 2012 then mark
    9:45am- 11am do the C1 Gold 4 paper then mark
    11:15am-1:45pm do Biology Unit 4 January 2012 then mark
    break for lunch
    2:30pm-4pm do M1 January 2012 then mark
    4:30pm-5:30pm Memorise some Biology Unit 5 key sequences
    5:45pm-6:45pm Memorise some Chemistry Unit 5 Calculations/their applications
    7pm-8/9pm i guess do some C1 solomons papers.

seems like alot but i'll update you guys periodically on how i do tomorrow, for now g'night
    forgot that i have maths tutor today so will need to leave at about 4 to get there, so will need to re-jig some things round abit.
    but yeah, got up early so gunna get some breakfast, grab a coffee and might start a little early , maybe 730 or so with the C3 paper

ReputationRep:
    Do I have to stop studying 1 day before the exam?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jkhan9625)
    Do I have to stop studying 1 day before the exam?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    i wouldnt do hardcore studying the day before the exam, but still go through things and make sure you know everything, usually do afew papers but don't be overly strict on them, use them more to memorize forgotten things than under exam conditions is what i do.

Anyways :3, because i started my first 2 sessions early i finished them about an hour early as well... the C1 gold paper 4 is brutal... will probably take it to my tutor tonight so we can go through my mistakes.
    got 57/75 on C1 Gold 4 (an A)
    and 70/75 on C3 June 2012 (also an A)
    time to grab a snack and then onwards to Biology Unit 4 January 2012!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KINGYusuf)
    But isn't that like 5 hours of sleep?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Mmm.. We could've pretended it was more than that. )':

But it doesn't matter a whole lot bc I didn't have an exam today and anyway I've slept lots throughout the past week (like, 9 hours + ) so it sort of compensates. :'3

ReputationRep:
    If anyone wants Mr Bruff's A* Videos (10 In depth videos each 15-30 mins long), PM me! 6 Videos for GCSE English Language and 4 for English Literature (one covering each question in depth). Helped me get 2 A*s last year!

Also have AIC and OMAM recourses if anyone is interested.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Well, I finally went to bed at around 3am last night so I thought it'd be a bit ridiculous if I woke up at 6:00 and therefore decided on 8:45 instead. I haven't done anything since I woke up though but I'm going to begin at 12:00. Will be crash watching 96 C2 videos + working through exercise book questions in preparation for the exam next week. Really want to get it done before 2:30pm today as that's when I'm going into sixth form. Let's see if I can do itttttt.- Hopefully I will.

ReputationRep:
    This is a good idea :rave:

ReputationRep:
    I wish i found this thread sooner, it's increased my productivity soo much
    Just done the Biology Unit 4 January 2012 paper and it was relatively straight forward so that's good, showed me a few areas i need to look over when i get the time too so thats also good :P
    got 75/90 on Biology Unit 4 January 2012 (an A )
    so yeah, because i started an hour earlier im still an hour ahead of schedule, gunna take a lunch break and shower, and do the M1 January 2012 paper at around 1:45, and finish and mark it at 3:15, then maybe do some biology Unit 5 but ultimately prepare for maths tutor .

ReputationRep:
    So it's almost 2:30pm + I think I was kinda being too ambitious ... only got to 51/96. I think it's partly due to the fact I was completing too many questions in the textbook. Ah well. But now I've got to stop + go into schooolll otherwise I'll be late. Ew. I already think I'm late tbh bc I need to leave the house in, like 300 seconds and I'm not ready. I am so tempted to just continue with my revision instead bc I was actually enjoying it + our lessons are super pointless now anyway. - Everyone just sits there for 60 mins chatting about clouds. )':

Okay well, I'll probably be able to get back to this at 6pm.

ReputationRep:
    It's been a while since I was here.

I'm going to cough my way through memorising another chapter for history (I'm not being overly ambitious)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Meeeeeep. Change of plan. In this next block I'll be continuing with C2 videos stuffz. Aiming to also complete and mark a past paper by 5:00pm.

ReputationRep:
    just did the M1 paper, finished a little early because i found it fairly straight-forward. I think i should be fine for M1, as i've only done 4 papers (this was my 5th one) and each time i was only a silly mistake off full marks.
    got 72/75 (an A) because i forgot one of the vector rules which was really quite simple (r= r0 + vt) so yeah.
    Going to get my bag set, ready for tutor which is in an hour, then crack on with memorizing some biology unit 5 (will probably spend an hour on this before tutor)

when i get back from tutor at about 7 ill do the chemistry unit 5 calculation stuff i wanted to do until 8, then see how tired i am but maybe will do some C1 solomons paper questions till about 930.

ReputationRep:
    Going to do b2/3 revision and then two past papers

ReputationRep:
    Didn't get that much done in the hour :/, so my plan is to finish Topic 1 of Unit 5 Biology after tutor (Aerobic and Anaerobic Respiration and Resporimeters left), then spend an hour or so on the chemistry unit 5 calculations, and this should bring me to about 9pm.
    Not sure if i'll get any C1 solomons papers done today but we'll see.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.