The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anon_98
Hey, I'm really sorry to hear that your coursework didn't turn out as great as you wanted but I agree with Nomophobia. I don't think 20% means you have lost all chance in achieving an A grade at all and I suppose, you should maybe try and think of it like.. there's even more reason for you to revise harder now so you can get it bc it won't be as easy. Yes, it could've gone better and I wish it had for you too but it's still do-able. At least I think it is bc we were told by our teachers last year that we could get a U grade in our coursework and still achieve an A overall and ours was worth 25% so idk. :s-smilie:

Don't lose hope, and even if you don't get the A then at least you know you tried your best with it instead of giving up. You can do this.:hugs:

Hi anon98 :smile: thank you for those kind words, I'm trying to revise as hard as I can but it is just so demoralising! Wishing you the best of luck as well with your exams :smile: and thank you again, I'm going to screen shot your reply to motivate myself!
Reply 3181
Original post by Lularose83
Hi anon98 :smile: thank you for those kind words, I'm trying to revise as hard as I can but it is just so demoralising! Wishing you the best of luck as well with your exams :smile: and thank you again, I'm going to screen shot your reply to motivate myself!

Well I'm glad you're still trying your hardest despite everything. - Yeah, I completely understand + it's only natural for you to feel that way. I really hope you feel better soon, all the hard work will be worth it in the end even if it may not feel that way at the moment. You're more than welcome + I appreciate it lots. Yay. :smile:
Original post by Anon_98
Well I'm glad you're still trying your hardest despite everything. - Yeah, I completely understand + it's only natural for you to feel that way. I really hope you feel better soon, all the hard work will be worth it in the end even if it may not feel that way at the moment. You're more than welcome + I appreciate it lots. Yay. :smile:

It's people like you who make the world a better place :smile: your words made my day . (sorry for being really cringey though!)
Reply 3183
hopefully gonna do a sweaty session on f215 biology. gonna sort out notes for this and then rewrite my gene tech notes etc ( basically prepare for the mock)

Next do a sesh on f211...

finally my last core 1 past paper (june 2006)
M1 paper time!
Reply 3185
It's people like you who make the world a better place :smile: your words made my day . (sorry for being really cringey though!)

And your words quite honestly made mine.- thank you so much. <3 + No need to apologise, not cringey at all- just very kind.
It's 20% :frown:

20% definitely isn't a deal breaker - you can still totally get that A if you really, really want it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Bud, I know someone who didn't even do the coursework and got an A lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3188
F585 time :wink:
Back from tutor and i've changed my plan, going to finish memorizing the Biology Unit 5 Topic 1 stuff, then do some C1 solomons papers instead of the chemistry stuff today, because the chemistry stuff i can do later in the week and the C1 exam is in afew days while chemistry unit 5 is in over a month so yeah :x. Biology Time!
Reply 3190
Oh dear, that took quite a bit longer than I wanted + I think I went way over the 1.30hr mark bc I was mega stuck on a question but I thankfully got great help and I've completed it all now. )': I don't know whether to do another C2 paper, Chem unit 5 or simply concentrate on C1 since that's quite soon. Hm.. Think I'll do C1. - Will start at 8:00pm bc food.
Original post by Anon_98
Oh dear, that took quite a bit longer than I wanted + I think I went way over the 1.30hr mark bc I was mega stuck on a question but I thankfully got great help and I've completed it all now. )': I don't know whether to do another C2 paper, Chem unit 5 or simply concentrate on C1 since that's quite soon. Hm.. Think I'll do C1. - Will start at 8:00pm bc food.

Good luck!!! :hugs:
Reply 3192
Original post by iEthan
Good luck!!! :hugs:

Thank you! <3
Original post by Anon_98

<3

Food is the best. :yep: I've just had a mug of hot chocolate and the teeniest marshmallows that semi-melted in it and it was the best :woo:

Have fun! :biggrin:
So gunna have dinner now :tongue:, memorized all of the topic and just writing exam style 6 mark question answers for each part of the topic (only have respirometers left to do after dinner), then will do solomons paper B of C1 then will have to go to bed at 10, because have to be in school tomorrow by 730 to set some things up for year 13 prank day :3.

Tomorrow i have 2 free periods in which i can do a solomons paper in and mark it, then ill get home at around 4 after the leavers assembly, where i can work on C1 solomons papers from 4-8 (might be able to get from say C-F in that time) then just spend an hour going through some C1 proofs and some little things i still struggle on then go to bed at 9, to make sure i get enough sleep before the exam on Wednesday :smile:
Reply 3195
Original post by Zacken
<3

Food is the best. :yep: I've just had a mug of hot chocolate and the teeniest marshmallows that semi-melted in it and it was the best :woo:

Have fun! :biggrin:

Oh that sounds so nice! I had lasagne (yay) + then a blueberry muffin (which was a disgusting surprise bc I thought it was choc chip but turned out I accidentally took the wrong box. )': )

Thanks! <3
What a co-incidence! I was just going to ask something dinner-related and you guys are talking about it! (or maybe it's just that time of the dayu where everyone has their dinner anyways!)

My question was: does anyone feel sleepy after they have had their meal? I just can't seem to revise after I've had my dinner!
Original post by TheTeresaLover
What a co-incidence! I was just going to ask something dinner-related and you guys are talking about it! (or maybe it's just that time of the dayu where everyone has their dinner anyways!)

My question was: does anyone feel sleepy after they have had their meal? I just can't seem to revise after I've had my dinner!

I struggle with that as well, but today i'm going to power through it because exams are literally around the corner... :x
Original post by Thomith
I struggle with that as well, but today i'm going to power through it because exams are literally around the corner... :x

Haha true! When is your first exam?
Good luck for it!!!
Original post by TheTeresaLover
Haha true! When is your first exam?
Good luck for it!!!

C1 maths on Wednesday, thank you :smile: you to! :biggrin:

Latest