Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Struggling with revision? Join the TSR session every hour!! From 7am-2am. Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    So gunna have dinner now , memorized all of the topic and just writing exam style 6 mark question answers for each part of the topic (only have respirometers left to do after dinner), then will do solomons paper B of C1 then will have to go to bed at 10, because have to be in school tomorrow by 730 to set some things up for year 13 prank day :3.

Tomorrow i have 2 free periods in which i can do a solomons paper in and mark it, then ill get home at around 4 after the leavers assembly, where i can work on C1 solomons papers from 4-8 (might be able to get from say C-F in that time) then just spend an hour going through some C1 proofs and some little things i still struggle on then go to bed at 9, to make sure i get enough sleep before the exam on Wednesday

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zacken)
    <3

Food is the best. :yep: I've just had a mug of hot chocolate and the teeniest marshmallows that semi-melted in it and it was the best :woo:

Have fun!
    Oh that sounds so nice! I had lasagne (yay) + then a blueberry muffin (which was a disgusting surprise bc I thought it was choc chip but turned out I accidentally took the wrong box. )': )

Thanks! <3

ReputationRep:
    What a co-incidence! I was just going to ask something dinner-related and you guys are talking about it! (or maybe it's just that time of the dayu where everyone has their dinner anyways!)

My question was: does anyone feel sleepy after they have had their meal? I just can't seem to revise after I've had my dinner!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheTeresaLover)
    What a co-incidence! I was just going to ask something dinner-related and you guys are talking about it! (or maybe it's just that time of the dayu where everyone has their dinner anyways!)

My question was: does anyone feel sleepy after they have had their meal? I just can't seem to revise after I've had my dinner!
    I struggle with that as well, but today i'm going to power through it because exams are literally around the corner... :x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thomith)
    I struggle with that as well, but today i'm going to power through it because exams are literally around the corner... :x
    Haha true! When is your first exam?
    Good luck for it!!!

ReputationRep:
    Haha true! When is your first exam?
    Good luck for it!!!
    C1 maths on Wednesday, thank you you to!

ReputationRep:
    C1 maths on Wednesday, thank you you to!
    Thanks! Did you get an e-mail from TSR advertising an app/website called "Mark it!!"? It apparently increases your grade by one, in 30 minutes. Anyone doing C1/C2 should check it out!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks! Did you get an e-mail from TSR advertising an app/website called "Mark it!!"? It apparently increases your grade by one, in 30 minutes. Anyone doing C1/C2 should check it out!
    Sorry to butt in, but I tried the C1 free paper and it was an absolute waste of time and I would definitely not pay for the C2 paper.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nomophobia)
    Sorry to butt in, but I tried the C1 free paper and it was an absolute waste of time and I would definitely not pay for the C2 paper.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No wayyy!:mad: And TSR advertises them!!! What a waste of time! I'm sorry for recommending the website I don't do maths but I thought I might help other students by sharing websites with them!

ReputationRep:
    Well, I kinda got distracted and ended up starting at 8:30 rather than 8:00 but I just marked the Jan 2010 + managed to get full marks which I'm happy about. Will do another paper at 9:30pm.

ReputationRep:
    No i didn't? could you PM me a link or something?

Also, i didnt finish the biology topic, i have a headache so i will probably make those notes either sometime tomorrow or later in the day that i have the C1 exam :/.
    Because of my headache i did the C1 Solomons B paper instead and got 71/75, so i think i'm going to leave it there tonight, as i have worked from 8am pretty solidly until now (other than an hour lunch, than an hour getting to and from tutor) so yeah :x.
    Plan for tomorrow is do C1 Solomons C at school, then C1 Solomons D, E and F when i get home. See you guys then, and let's hope its enough (done all the C1 papers from 2008, all the Gold papers and will have hopefully done 6 of the solomons papers before the actual exam so... i'm not sure what else i can do :x)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anon_98)
    I just marked the Jan 2010 + managed to get full marks which I'm happy about.
    Holy sheet. Congrats!! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Guys how is your revision going for S1?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mali473)
    Guys how is your revision going for S1?
    It kind of isn't.... i mean all i've done so far is 4 papers (both 2010s and both 2011s) and will do another after the C1 exam, but yeah, i have plans to do all the papers from 2008-2015 and all the S1 Gold papers before the exam, but i have 6 exams before it so i'm not going to cram alot of it at once yet, soon though

ReputationRep:
    It kind of isn't.... i mean all i've done so far is 4 papers (both 2010s and both 2011s) and will do another after the C1 exam, but yeah, i have plans to do all the papers from 2008-2015 and all the S1 Gold papers before the exam, but i have 6 exams before it so i'm not going to cram alot of it at once yet, soon though
    Wow you're so ahead of your game. I think I'm going to do quite bad in that exam. I've got bio chem to revise for too so I haven't done much S1

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mali473)
    Wow you're so ahead of your game. I think I'm going to do quite bad in that exam. I've got bio chem to revise for too so I haven't done much S1

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Haha, the only reason i'm planning so far ahead and doing alot is because i kind of messed up last year and don't want to make the same mistake :/.

ReputationRep:
    Holy sheet. Congrats!! :woo:
    Thank you! :'3

ReputationRep:
    Just completed the Jan 2009 + full marks again (yay.) :woo: I'm going to do the Jan 2014 at 10:30pm.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anon_98)
    Just completed the Jan 2009 + full marks again (yay.) :woo: I'm going to do the Jan 2014 at 10:30pm.
    Well done!! Are you doing C1 papers?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I've just had a mug of hot chocolate and the teeniest marshmallows that semi-melted in it and it was the best :woo:
    My favourite hot beverage of all time You have great taste :tee:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.