Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Struggling with revision? Join the TSR session every hour!! From 7am-2am. Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zacken)
    There's actually an interesting/funny story behind that proof. I can tell it to you later once you've learnt/understood it.
    Sure- Would love to hear it.

ReputationRep:
    Been a little unfocused but i got the Solomons D paper and Solomons E paper done (got 63/75 on D and 71/75 on E)
    Going to do F then look over some exam solutions stuff then go to bed at 10. :x Hope i've done enough for C1!

ReputationRep:
    I managed to learn the arithmetic series proof then I completed Solomon paper A and I think.. I'm going to stop revising now.

I suppose I could do some more past papers until 11:00pm..but if I look at any more coordinate geometry I'll probably vomit. Plus, the exam is at 9:00am so I think I'd like to make sure I wake up on time. Still need to get my stuff ready + check my seat etc so I'm going to do that right now and I'll read through some C1 threads from around the forum whilst in bed to help me fall asleep. Hoping I have done enough preparation.

The very best of luck to everyone sitting the C1 Maths tomorrow, hope you all do fab.

Goodnight!

ReputationRep:
    now ill mark my chem paper!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ranz)
    now ill mark my chem paper!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    just marked mine and got a B and basically creamed myself lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anon_98)
    I managed to learn the arithmetic series proof then I completed Solomon paper A and I think.. I'm going to stop revising now.

I suppose I could do some more past papers until 11:00pm..but if I look at any more coordinate geometry I'll probably vomit. Plus, the exam is at 9:00am so I think I'd like to make sure I wake up on time. Still need to get my stuff ready + check my seat etc so I'm going to do that right now and I'll read through some C1 threads from around the forum whilst in bed to help me fall asleep. Hoping I have done enough preparation.

The very best of luck to everyone sitting the C1 Maths tomorrow, hope you all do fab.

Goodnight!
    Good luck! I also just did the Solomon paper A. What mark did you get?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mali473)
    Good luck! I also just did the Solomon paper A. What mark did you get?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you! You too! Oh yay + 67/75- what about you? Didn't really understand some questions tbh.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you! You too! Oh yay + 67/75- what about you? Didn't really understand some questions tbh.
    The solomons papers are quite difficult and they word questions in a way that are trying to mess you up and confuse you (done A-F and honestly struggled on all of them don't worry )
    Just did F, got 71/75 (although technically probably around 65, because there was a 7 marker i had to look at the first 2 mark points for to understand what i needed to do)
    And yeah. I think i'm pretty much done too, i'm really tired and so will be going to bed in like 30 minutes- an hour so i'm not tired when i walk into the exam.
    Going to quickly go through question 10(b) of the June 2015 paper on examsolutions, as thats the only question i don't understand from past papers, then quickly go through the Sn Proof before going to bed.

Good luck for C1 tomorrow as well

ReputationRep:
    Thank you that's good! I got 63. Yeah with some of the questions the wording made me a little confused. If I'm struggling with paper A what am I going to do for the exam tomorrow!?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I've been lurking around this thread and noticed that everyone's done so much more work than me for C1 and is getting much higher marks!

I'm quite stressed out now because I have my history exam tomorrow afternoon so I've mainly been doing that and not done as much work for C1.

Good luck to everyone tho, btw, let's hope tomorrow's paper isn't murder

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nomophobia)
    I've been lurking around this thread and noticed that everyone's done so much more work than me for C1 and is getting much higher marks!

I'm quite stressed out now because I have my history exam tomorrow afternoon so I've mainly been doing that and not done as much work for C1.

Good luck to everyone tho, btw, let's hope tomorrow's paper isn't murder

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Tbh I feel the exact same way. I have procrastinated so much today. I am literally going over some questions by topic online and stressing!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thomith)
    The solomons papers are quite difficult and they word questions in a way that are trying to mess you up and confuse you (done A-F and honestly struggled on all of them don't worry )
    Just did F, got 71/75 (although technically probably around 65, because there was a 7 marker i had to look at the first 2 mark points for to understand what i needed to do)
    And yeah. I think i'm pretty much done too, i'm really tired and so will be going to bed in like 30 minutes- an hour so i'm not tired when i walk into the exam.
    Going to quickly go through question 10(b) of the June 2015 paper on examsolutions, as thats the only question i don't understand from past papers, then quickly go through the Sn Proof before going to bed.

Good luck for C1 tomorrow as well
    Thank you for the reassurance! Yeah, I haven't seen them do anything like it on the normal papers so I'm taking it into account but not spending any more time on it bc I'm tired too aha. Yay that's honestly so great, well done!

Thanks v much + you!

(Original post by mali473)
    Thank you that's good! I got 63. Yeah with some of the questions the wording made me a little confused. If I'm struggling with paper A what am I going to do for the exam tomorrow!?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yes, I felt the same way. I'm sure the real paper tomorrow won't be anything like that, those ones are a little strange. - Have a look at what Thomith said above to keep calm + try not to worry too much.- Hopefully it will all turn out great.

ReputationRep:
    Everybodys so nice and supportive on tsr : ' )

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm so happy everyone's revising and being productive! I hope your revision pays off! :jive:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xs4)
    :congrats: *DJ Khaled* i like that... i like that
    :laugh: You know what, I might do

Spoiler:
    Show
    But seriously I think it's time to go over those flashcards

ReputationRep:
    Aight i'm going to bed now as well guys, Good Luck with C1 if you have it (or any other exams tomorrow)! I'm sure we'll all smash it .

Tomorrow the plan is i'll get home around 4 maybe because of another year 13 leavers thing after C1 then:
    4-530 - Chemistry Unit 2 (F332) June 2011
    545-715 - S1 January 2012
    730-9 - C2 June 2013

not as much as i'd like (ideally would be able to come home straight after the exam but yeah :/)

ReputationRep:

Goodnight!
    PRSOM and we can.... DO THIS! I remember last year at my enrolment interview, my interviewer told me I wouldn't cope with and that I would probably fail AS maths all because I had a low B in GCSE Maths. Despite getting U's in class test I still came out with 237 ums last year. If I did it, anyone can.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Guls)
    PRSOM and we can.... DO THIS! I remember last year at my enrolment interview, my interviewer told me I wouldn't cope with and that I would probably fail AS maths all because I had a low B in GCSE Maths. Despite getting U's in class test I still came out with 237 ums last year. If I did it, anyone can.
    Thats AMAZING! well done! How do you revise?

ReputationRep:
    lol C1:/

ReputationRep:
    Taking the day off revision to recover from that tragedy of a paper.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Break up or unrequited love?
    Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.