The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3620
alright gonna do thelast past papers and revise last years paper and the "predicted topics"
Reply 3621
Original post by Namita Gurung
Managed to stay of tsr until this morning :h:
Wish biology was split up into topics like the other subjects but I'm grateful for the extra hours this morning.

You too! Good luck!

yay

+

thank you :smile:
Reply 3622
I accidentally took a 5 minute extra long break which kind of ruined things but I've finished memorizing everything on the spec + re-writing notes now so yay.

Going to start on the past papers at 9:00.
Reply 3623
finished the scary part of the plant transport

Spoiler

, jan 2013 past paper shall start at 9.

after this I shall look at pressure changes in heart.
Reply 3624
I'm almost done with this paper but I can't finish it bc I desperately need to sleep + I'm being really slow atm too which isn't helping so I'm going to bed for an hour/so then hopefully I'll have the energy to continue properly afterwards.
Time to revise... For the next 45 minutes to 1 hour (until 11) I'm going to revise module 4 of Biology, new spec OCR...
I will finish module 4!
Original post by Thomith
gunna start at 9
9:00-10:45 - C4 January 2012
11:00 - 12:45 - Biology Unit 2 June 2012
1:00 - 2:45 - C3 January 2011
3:00-5:00 try as hard as i can to finish all the Biology Unit 5 notes.
5:15-6:30 - Finish going through parts of F335 i struggle with.
7:00-8:30 - C4 June 2011

then Zzzzz....

Holy mackerel! :redface:
got 68/75 on the first C4 paper (even got 13/15 on the vector question and 7/12 on the difficult differential equation at the end :redface:)
going to go through the parts that i didn't get on the paper on examsolutions then refil my water bottle and do the Biology 2 paper.
Reply 3627
did that paper got 55/60 calmly. gonna calm ma nerves and google what the heck are chromatin
Reply 3628
okay. So dna is accociated with histones to form nucleosome. these nucleosomes spiral to form chromatin. lots of chromatin for a condensed chromosome in prophase.
-dna in eukaryotes are not naked because because this.
-
Homologous chromosomes have:
same shape and size
same poisitoning of centromere
and same genes at same allele but different alleles

one is paternal and one is maternal
Reply 3629
I slept for longer than I wanted to! )': But feel more semi-greatlyyy stuff than tired now so going to continue with the Jan 2010 paper.
Original post by Thomith
Holy mackerel! :redface:
got 68/75 on the first C4 paper (even got 13/15 on the vector question and 7/12 on the difficult differential equation at the end :redface:)
going to go through the parts that i didn't get on the paper on examsolutions then refil my water bottle and do the Biology 2 paper.

Good job, vectors are icky :s-smilie: I like that water bottle bit. :colondollar:

Original post by Anon_98
I slept for longer than I wanted to! )': But feel more semi-greatlyyy stuff than tired now so going to continue with the Jan 2010 paper.

:rave: :rave:
Reply 3631
Finished the Jan 2010, I'm now going to do last year's June 2015 paper as it might help to know what areas they might concentrate on more this year.
Ok I'm a bit behind but going to whizz through a past paper.
Finally revised everything :burnout:
Reply 3633
I've just completed the June 2015. I'm just reciting through the answers aloud, then looking through the mark scheme + noting down where I'm making mistakes then highlighting key points bc it's quicker like that and I don't have time to do them properly since there's only half an hour left.

June 2011.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 3634
June 2011 done + Jan 2012 also done.

Andddd I've had enough. :'3

I've also just had lunch.

I could try and do more but meh, tired + ..tired.

Going to get ready + go to school now so I can be a bit early + stuff.

Wish everyone who's got an exam the best of luck!
Original post by SeanFM
Good job, vectors are icky :s-smilie: I like that water bottle bit. :colondollar:

yup, i hate vectors, absolutely hate them because i can rarely get the drawing right (because i rarely understand them...) so even though my working out is correct for my drawing, in most cases it is still the wrong answer :/

Original post by Anon_98
June 2011 done + Jan 2012 also done.

Andddd I've had enough. :'3

I've also just had lunch.

I could try and do more but meh, tired + ..tired.

Going to get ready + go to school now so I can be a bit early + stuff.

Wish everyone who's got an exam the best of luck!

Good Luck! :biggrin:

anyway, had a phonecall so got distracted for about 30 minutes so i am a little bit behind but that's OK. got a little bit of the last question left of the Biology 2 paper, but going to get some lunch, finish and mark the paper before moving on.

new timings!

2:00 - 3:45 - C3 January 2011
4:00-6:00 try as hard as i can to finish all the Biology Unit 5 notes.
6:15-7:30 - Finish going through parts of F335 i struggle with.
8:00-9:30 - C4 June 2011
I might do a chem paper today....... orrrrrrrrrrrr I could watch Lie To Me :tongue: I'll try to do the former first
Actually, I might do a C4 paper because it's half an hour shorter :tongue:
63/80 in the Bio 2 paper, not amazing but i know where the mistakes were made, and alot of them were not because i didn't know the answer, i just didn't use good enough exam technique.
(although do need to do a quick recap on seed banks and plant cells in general though at some point.)

refilling water bottle then C3 paper time!
Got 2 marks from an A on my last paper **** this **** mannn

Latest

Trending

Trending