Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Struggling with revision? Join the TSR session every hour!! From 7am-2am. Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    So I woke up again at around 11:00 + left for the library at about 12:00 and thankfully I did manage to get lots of work done whilst I was there, but obviously haven't finished + have lots more to do. I basically decided that I'd come back home so I could get some proper lunch otherwise I would've stayed a little longer. I did it all on a word document so I'll transfer it onto my thread in about 15 mins, take a short break then startup again at 4:30pm.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheTeresaLover)
    Are the libraries open on Sundays? I'd love to go to one today!
    Yep! Well, I go to the local university library + that's pretty much 24hrs.- Don't know about the normal ones though.

ReputationRep:
    TSR is being difficultttttttttttttttttttttttt ttttttttt + it's ruining my revision.

I'm going to continue with topic 3 - PH curves + stuff rn. I'll try + transfer the information later.

ReputationRep:
    Guysss, can I have some advice pls. :banghead:

Basically, I'm currently making my Chemistry Unit 4 notes + I started making them on a Word document rather than on this thread I have on TSR purely bc I didn't really want to go on TSR in the library + I thought I'd just be able to copy + paste the information when I got home.

BUT then, when I got home I realised that I can't transfer all the work I did onto TSR bc it just doesn't work, I'd have to attach the document... so should I start my notes all over again? It's ridiculous but I don't know what to do.

Pros:

- It's so much more convenient on the thread.

- I can draw mechanisms + graphs if I have it on the thread which was really useful to be able to look back in the last one when I needed to, whereas on a word document I can't do that which is what is really, really annoying me.. bc there's quite a lot of benzene structure mechanism stuff + amines etc which I won't be able to include in my notes and they're pretty vital.

- Well, it takes me ages to draw graphs on a word document as opposed to just drawing it in 5 mins irl then attaching a photograph.

Cons:

- I HAVE TO START ALL OVER AGAIN. I DON'T WANT TO START AGAIN.

- I'll probably end up finishing later than if I just continued with what I have rn.

- I type so slow that it's unreal.

ashksdsklf;; I don't know ohmyg. I'm currently on Topic 3 out of 11 if that helps? :dontknow:

..WHICH I suppose isn't much but it still took me quite some time.

I guess that if I start all over again, then I'll be repeating the information again so it'll help with memorisation? :crazy:

I'm not sure that explanation made any sense. *cri* )':

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anon_98)

Basically, I'm currently making my Chemistry Unit 4 notes + I started making them on a Word document rather than on this thread I have on TSR purely bc I didn't really want to go on TSR in the library + I thought I'd just be able to copy + paste the information when I got home.

BUT then, when I got home I realised that I can't transfer all the work I did onto TSR bc it just doesn't work, I'd have to attach the document... so should I start my notes all over again? It's ridiculous but I don't know what to do.

Pros:

- I can draw mechanisms + graphs if I have it on the thread which was really useful to be able to look back in the last one when I needed to, whereas on a word document I can't do that which is what is really, really annoying me.. bc there's quite a lot of benzene structure mechanism stuff + amines etc which I won't be able to include in my notes and they're pretty vital.

- Well, it takes me ages to draw graphs on a word document as opposed to just drawing it in 5 mins irl then attaching a photograph.

Cons:

- I'll probably end up finishing later than if I just continued with what I have rn.

ashksdsklf;; I don't know ohmyg. I'm currently on Topic 3 out of 11 if that helps? :dontknow:

I guess that if I start all over again, then I'll be repeating the information again so it'll help with memorisation? :crazy:

Your last point is a good one, it just boils down to whether you think you have enough time to fit it in and do everything else? :unsure:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pokémontrainer)
    Your last point is a good one, it just boils down to whether you think you have enough time to fit it in and do everything else? :unsure:
    I honestly don't know anymore.. I guess we'll find out soon. >.>

I suppose it's more useful to have better notes, right?

Uh, thank you. <3 Think I'll just have to restart. )))):

ReputationRep:
    I honestly don't know anymore.. I guess we'll find out soon. >.>

I suppose it's more useful to have better notes, right?

Uh, thank you. <3 Think I'll just have to restart. )))):
    Well it won't be a waste of time, that's for sure! I mean, the whole point of revision is to memorise - right? (Something which seems to have evaded me... :lol:)
    Good luck, Anon! I'm sure everything will be great! :heart:

ReputationRep:

Pros:

Cons:

I'm probably a little late but I'd say don't restart - I don't think you have enough time and drawing the graphs and mechanisms on word will take less time than starting all over again - just resume from topic 3 and if you have enough time, come back to it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ugh. Finally finished the Jan 2011 paper, got 71/75. Will take a break then hopefully get round to doing Jan 2010

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I've just finished covering the New Right again, I'm glad everything is finally piecing together - although it is frustrating because it's a bit late. The exam is on Tuesday... But it is in the afternoon so I guess I'll just wake up early or stay up late - depends on what my sleeping habits decide to let me do. Do I have enough time to memorise the state/human nature/society/economy + aims/methods for around 14 strands within the ideologies...? :erm:
    Erm, I'll certainly endeavour to do so. :work: Next up, covering the paternalist strands - will spend half an hour on them, max. :yucky:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nomophobia)
    I'm probably a little late but I'd say don't restart - I don't think you have enough time and drawing the graphs and mechanisms on word will take less time than starting all over again - just resume from topic 3 and if you have enough time, come back to it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ah.. that probably would've been a better idea but yes I've already restarted. I've just found a way that'll allow me to get it done slightly quicker though, rather than having to type it all out again and I've just started topic 3, which means only a little bit more to go until I get to where I previously was. Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    I'm finally back to where I was!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheTeresaLover)
    Good luck with it! I've got my business exam on the same day as Chemistry! So I'm hoping to finish everything with Business too.

Btw, thank you fo rthe NMR questions.
    Thanks, you too!

Also other exam boards might do similar NMR questions, so maybe check them out too.

ReputationRep:
    Yayyy!!! That didn't take very long at all, I'm glad you managed to finish it all so quickly

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I need to look at AS and A2 psychology studies I'll use as evidence in the exam. I'm hoping to narrow them down to just 2/3 from each approach/perspective and hopefully they should cover all the methods, issues and debates I'll use them for. I wish this exam was first or at least on Friday so that i could get this over and done with

ReputationRep:
    Already?!?! That's great!!! :jive:

ReputationRep:
    Hold back guys, I'm about to go stationery crazy with psychology!! :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nomophobia)
    Yayyy!!! That didn't take very long at all, I'm glad you managed to finish it all so quickly

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks! - I thought I did a lot of work, but maybe it's bc I didn't do that much at all so it was quicker than I thought aha.

(Original post by Kamara7)
    Already?!?! That's great!!! :jive:
    Thank youuu, 8 more topics though. O_O

ReputationRep:
    I'm still on topic 3, just taking a break until 9:00pm then I'll continue.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kamara7)
    Hold back guys, I'm about to go stationery crazy with psychology!! :awesome:
    :woo:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
    Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.