Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Struggling with revision? Join the TSR session every hour!! From 7am-2am. Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    So, that hour was a bit slow but I am currently on electrode potentials. Should be able to move onto electrochemical series quite soon.

ReputationRep:
    Did another c3, once again not amazing but tiny progress has been made. After my bath I'll learn bio F215 topic 1, and then c3 revision. See ya all later 👍🏾

ReputationRep:
    I think I did enough today, around 6 hours. two days left before chem5 and three days before my last exam. gonna going to college and finish off topics like animal behaivour, and cover some extra stuff like polyploidy in the morning. then do chem5 papers in the afternoon.

ReputationRep:
    That legacy paper took longer than I anticipated :yawn: I'm gonna make a hot chocolate, watch a bit of Orange is the new Black, and go to bed, tomorrow I'll do C3 practice for the exam the day after.

ReputationRep:
    doing past papers bio5 for this thur

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hopefulmedic15)
    I do AQA for chemistry, so for the format of their exam the most important thing is knowing the syllabus very well because the majority of the paper is simple recall with a few things that slightly alter the question.

When you get to the point where you're comfortable with all of the material on the spec it doesn't matter what order you do the questions because you should have a basic understanding of everything that comes up. Make sure you keep track of time so you don't run (preferably with enough time to double check your calculations in the maths questions just in case you mis-typed the numbers into your calculator), but also don't rush because that's when you make silly mistakes. Also, look at how many marks a question is worth to get a good idea of the level of detail needed to answer the question. If it's a two marker, make sure to make at least two separate points but don't take 5-10 minutes on it writing more detail than is required. Read the full question, make sure you answer every separate part because they sometimes give you three questions in one paragraph. I number them by the questions themselves and then number my answers to make it clear which part I'm addressing in the question.

As you go through the mark schemes make yourself very familiar with what they look for in your answer to get the marks (specifically the underlined words) and make sure you memorise them. Always remember the units and check that you have your answers to the correct number of decimal places or significant figures at the end of the calculations.

After you finish all the past papers look back at them to see what you got wrong and go over those topics again until you can remember what it was that you got wrong.

The day before the exam, refresh your memory on the whole syllabus by skimming it and making sure you're confident that you understand all of the material.
    Thanks for the advice and yeah just been doing loads of question so I now find all the benzene section so easy however I mess up a lot on the transition metal equations but thank god for low grade boundaries

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Hopefulmedic15;65928202]I do AQA for chemistry, so for the format of their exam the most important thing is knowing the syllabus very well because the majority of the paper is simple recall with a few things that slightly alter the question.......

Thanks for the advice btw. I do AQA and am doing past papers too, but I was wondering, did you do the really old past papers? Like 2006 and onwards? Because I tried doing it and then realised that some of the questions are kind of different and the answers are worded in a way we don't need to know ( I.e the requirements from recent mark schemes are different). Also, I'd love to do them so that I feel prepared but as you might have noticed, the questions this year are absolutely unpredictable (even for the retakes)!!! So do you think it would be worthwhile?

Also, do you do AQA Biology by any chance?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    sorry, I didn't know how to reply so had to tag you separately!

ReputationRep:
    About to do phya4....if its anything like unit 2 resit it will be soul crushing....i guess ill just expect the worst and be presently surprised if its decent

Then onto core 3 revision for tomorrow....that one im more confident for

ReputationRep:
    SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREKSHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREKSHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK SHREK

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vault111)
    x
    Sort your life out, smh. :sigh:
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Still need to cover most of the death of someone question :bored: - need to learn all the cases and elements. I'll start after I've looked at appeals, maybe at half three.

ReputationRep:
    I'm starting with the June 2010.

ReputationRep:
    I started a bit late + it took me agess but I can conclude that I have quite literally forgotten everything. :nope:

Got just over 40% in that last paper, but.. that is OK bc I suppose we can only improve from here. :'3

Now doing the June 2011.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anon_98)
    I started a bit late + it took me agess but I can conclude that I have quite literally forgotten everything. :nope:

Got just over 40% in that last paper, but.. that is OK bc I suppose we can only improve from here. :'3

Now doing the June 2011.
    Which subject is this ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kadak)
    Which subject is this ?
    mathssssssssssssssssssss.

ReputationRep:
    mathssssssssssssssssssss.
    Yikes,you can do this.I studied the day before stats and find it alright.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kadak)
    Yikes,you can do this.I studied the day before stats and find it alright.
    Thank you... I hope so. :'3 I didn't receive this notification for some reason!

ReputationRep:
    The world is just out to get me, isn't it? Locked myself in my room today, legit couldn't get out. I wouldn't have had to lock it if my brother wasn't kicking that damn ball everywhere including IN MY ROOM, messing up my concentration!!! :mad: I keep on messing up domains and ranges for C3 still, which is TOMORROW!!! Still, it could be worst, I could be having to look after a dog which screams and poops and vomits everywhere like my friend has to Starting the third C3 paper of the day, first song on the playlist is I'm Like A Bird by Nelly Furtado

ReputationRep:
    Thank you... I hope so. :'3 I didn't receive this notification for some reason!
    Thats because TSR wants you to study .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kamara7)
    The world is just out to get me, isn't it? Locked myself in my room today, legit couldn't get out. I wouldn't have had to lock it if my brother wasn't kicking that damn ball everywhere including IN MY ROOM, messing up my concentration!!! :mad: I keep on messing up domains and ranges for C3 still, which is TOMORROW!!! Still, it could be worst, I could be having to look after a dog which screams and poops and vomits everywhere like my friend has to Starting the third C3 paper of the day, first song on the playlist is I'm Like A Bird by Nelly Furtado
    :hugs:<3

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.