Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Struggling with revision? Join the TSR session every hour!! From 7am-2am. Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Guls)
    2 hours in an exam hall aswells
    Yeah it's too long, doing past papers does my head in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hopefulmedic15)
    Yeah it's too long, doing past papers does my head in.
    true but we have to power through.

ReputationRep:
    okay i did my final paper so quickly that i barely wrote any english. gonna jump in bed and read my notes to sleep.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    hopefully theres no need for a new petition for tomorrows paper

ReputationRep:
    To do an all nighter or to not do an all nighter, that is the questionnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Guls)
    2 hours in an exam hall aswells
    But it never even feels like it's that long in the hall, always goes so fast.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anon_98)
    To do an all nighter or to not do an all nighter, that is the questionnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.
    Do you know your content confidently? If it's a 2 hour exam then even a few hours of sleep might help cognition if you wake up early to revise?

I avoid all nighters... They may turn out disastrous, sleep is pretty much essential. :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pokémontrainer)
    Do you know your content confidently? If it's a 2 hour exam then even a few hours of sleep might help cognition if you wake up early to revise?
    No, I still need to go over material + do past papers. ): I might even force myself to drink yucky coffee so I can get through the night. Uh, idk.

I avoid all nighters... They may turn out disastrous, sleep is pretty much essential. :eek:
    Yeah, I usually do too bc of past experience.. + I agree.. but I just don't trust myself to wake up on time to revise, especially bc it's already 2am. Like, last night I went to bed at around 3am + I was meant to be up at half 5am so I could do some Maths but I ..slept through 4 alarms. )': Which meant that I couldn't do the essential studying that was required. Uhh.

ReputationRep:
    No, I still need to go over material + do past papers. ): I might even force myself to drink yucky coffee so I can get through the night. Uh, idk.

Yeah, I usually do too bc of past experience.. + I agree.. but I just don't trust myself to wake up on time to revise, especially bc it's already 2am. Like, last night I went to bed at around 3am + I was meant to be up at half 5am so I could do some Maths but I ..slept through 4 alarms. )': Which meant that I couldn't do the essential studying that was required. Uhh.
    It might seem excessive but I set 10+ alarms on a few different devices... It usually works but I get you, sometimes you just sleep through it.
    You need to get at least some sleep, would doing work now and going to sleep for a bit (at a later time) once you've done everything work? Provided you have someone to wake you up so you don't miss the exam, of course... :erm:

Ultimately, the exam might be more disastrous if you know more but have less sleep rather than if you know less and have more sleep - otherwise you'll just want to fall asleep or misunderstand what is being asked... (Happened to me...) :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    Who is doing all nighter😭😭

ReputationRep:
    It might seem excessive but I set 10+ alarms on a few different devices... It usually works but I get you, sometimes you just sleep through it.
    You need to get at least some sleep, would doing work now and going to sleep for a bit (at a later time) once you've done everything work? Provided you have someone to wake you up so you don't miss the exam, of course... :erm:

Ultimately, the exam might be more disastrous if you know more but have less sleep rather than if you know less and have more sleep - otherwise you'll just want to fall asleep or misunderstand what is being asked... (Happened to me...) :dontknow:
    :cry:

10 alarms tho lmao. Yeah, I think that sounds like a good idea. Thank you, I've decided I'll work as much as I can until 5am then just sleep, regardless of whether I've completed everything or not.

You're right - thank you. (and it's happened to me too; really awful feeling. )

:hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sammia)
    :bawling:

I would but dying doesn't sound appealing, you know?

ReputationRep:
    :cry:

10 alarms tho lmao. Yeah, I think that sounds like a good idea. Thank you, I've decided I'll work as much as I can until 5am then just sleep, regardless of whether I've completed everything or not.

You're right - thank you. (and it's happened to me too; really awful feeling. )

:hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Your hard work and dedication will pay off if you're more confident in what you're doing. :yep: This isn't me speaking rubbish btw, it's from experience - I messed up three of my first exams because I didn't believe in my abilities. :sigh: But then I did better in subsequent ones because I learnt from my mistakes. :ahee:
    Good luck Anon, stay positive and don't beat yourself up about it - you can do it! :heart:
    now go and do it :woo:

ReputationRep:
    2 hours, I got this. Will report back once I'm done. :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Your hard work and dedication will pay off if you're more confident in what you're doing. :yep: This isn't me speaking rubbish btw, it's from experience - I messed up three of my first exams because I didn't believe in my abilities. :sigh: But then I did better in subsequent ones because I learnt from my mistakes. :ahee:
    Good luck Anon, stay positive and don't beat yourself up about it - you can do it! :heart:
    now go and do it :woo:
    :heart:

ReputationRep:
    :bawling:

I would but dying doesn't sound appealing, you know?
    I have no choice😭
    But the exam is on Thursday and
    it's the last one wooohoooo
    So gives me some motivation there's just so much to learn.
    Keep going we got this🙌

ReputationRep:
    I have no choice😭
    But the exam is on Thursday and
    it's the last one wooohoooo
    So gives me some motivation there's just so much to learn.
    Keep going we got this🙌
    Oh no. 😭😭

Oh, it's your last one - you can do this, power through and you'll be able to thank yourself in the end. 🌞 Really not long to go now, one more day + it's all over. 💛

Thanks yay, mhmm. 🌞🌞🌞

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Me unfortunately, 2nd one in a row here Good thing I don't feel sleep deprived...yet

ReputationRep:
    Okay, so I've been over all the basic material. Now I'm going to spend 10-15 mins doing these sheet thingy questions.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    No, infact I'll just spend 5 mins.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'll just spend however long it takes me, goddamnit. :mad:

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
    Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.