The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

To anyone who knows about biology, what does this mean?

"Auxin is produced in the tips and moves backwards to stimulate the cell elongation which occurs in the cells just behind the tips."

Also, what are roots and shoots? What is the difference?

(I'm revising plant hormones from AQA GCSE Biology - Unit 1).
Original post by Jamie Vardy
To anyone who knows about biology, what does this mean?

"Auxin is produced in the tips and moves backwards to stimulate the cell elongation which occurs in the cells just behind the tips."

Also, what are roots and shoots? What is the difference?

(I'm revising plant hormones from AQA GCSE Biology - Unit 1).

If I remember correctly, the auxin is a plant hormone that goes onto the shaded part of the tip of the plant. This rapidly increases growth on the shaded part so the tip ends up moving towards the source of sunlight.

The shoots are the parts of the plant above and the roots are below the soil.
Original post by Anon_98
Notes take me ages too. :console: What subject is this for? Are you not focusing enough or are you finding it difficult to understand?

Not focusing:frown: oh its Business! Yeah notes really take so long... Ive done quite a lot! But todays been bad and now i feel behind

Posted from TSR Mobile
FINALLY finished psychology notes on making a case in forensics!!! Now for health and clinical... :argh:
The next session starts at 6.30? If so Then at 6.30 I'm going to do all my notes on cell division which will take 1 hour then going to take 5 min break, then start notes on Intermolecular forces(my nemesis!) which I'll finish in the second session (Hopefully)
Reply 565
Starting a chemistry past paper
starting another hour of chemistry revision! :dancing2:
Finished bio but I ended up playing games on the phone :getmecoat:
Original post by Kamara7
I'd learn the exam mark schemes (for mainly sciencey subjects) as the spec may not elaborate exactly what you need to know. Like in chem, the spec might say you need to know how to make X from Y, but it might not give the full reaction. It's a good starting place though :smile:

Thanks soo much and i will do that 🤓
Finally finished Geography topic 12 notes so I'm up to date in geography notes again! Also had dinner which was delicious. Next up is RS highlighting and music mindmaps:smile:
Since I didn't do my full hour earlier, I'll be spending an hour now to finish my essay and then do a calculator paper (well, start it).
I started a little earlier than the logging off time so I'm finishing earlier :tongue: Went through a C4 past paper (June 2009), and it seems like I'm finally beginning to understand integration and I'm also making less silly mistakes as well :woo: I didn't touch the vectors section as I'm still learning it, so in the next revision session I'll look over my vector notes and attempt those questions with an open textbook.
Reply 572
how many hours of revision is everyone managing to do per day? or how much have you done over this week?
Finished my biology notes and did some of Physics. I'm going to finish the physics paper, mark it and correct mistakes, hopefully starting another if I have the time.
Revising English Lit and silently crying
Reply 575
I'm currently doing a past paper! - Almost finished it but just logged on so I could post the next timing thingy.

Keep it up everyone. :h:
Reply 576
:work: 6:30pm. :work:
~Logging out time!~

Completing a past paper. - Then probably move onto Maths.
Reply 577
Original post by ApleeEncore
Revising English Lit and silently crying

:console:
Original post by Anon_98
:work: 6:30pm. :work:
~Logging out time!~

Completing a past paper. - Then probably move onto Maths.

I do hope that your not overdoing revision :P
Finished ch8 and nearly finished ch12 bio notes.
I went through 1 English exemplar essay.
Next session I'll finish ch12 notes and do a topic sheet for ch1 biology.
I basically cram everything on the chapter onto a single A4 sheet.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending