Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Struggling with revision? Join the TSR session every hour!! From 7am-2am. Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I was cooking for family so I am going to start English Literature quotation notes for frankenstein

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by catpeas)
    what revision techniques/tips do people have for a-level maths (other than past papers)???
    (paper +mock advice sorry lol)
    it may seem silly but write next to each question what techniques will be involved in answering. for instance in my C3 mock i metaphorically tore each question apart and got 99UMS (lol 74/75) for instance; differentiation, highlighting the products and quotients , writing the appropriate trig identities next to a trig "prove" question. also remembering that questions and techniques can link in can help quite a bit.

when doing questions themselves take time and concentrate on the technique and specific answer forms your exam board may ask for from you.
    hope this helps you

ps. don't be disheartened if you get things wrong

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by catpeas)
    what revision techniques/tips do people have for a-level maths (other than past papers)???
    According to my brother: Maths revision is pretty dull. With Maths there are no short cuts to success. What he did was every single question in the book and then did any past paper he could he find which tested the knowledge of the modules he had learned.

He came out with pretty much full UMS in everything

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vanessaxx98)
    I was cooking for family so I am going to start English Literature quotation notes for frankenstein
    I wish that was on my syllabus

Just did biol revision as soon as i got back from school. It's 8 now so that's like 4 hours :+)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatima1998)
    OCR
    I'm with AQA.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ara8311a)
    I'm with AQA.
    haha why sad face?
    are you struggling or something?:hugs:

ReputationRep:
    nooo you aren't the only one
    70% in every sixth is struggling with the exam technique- that's my statistics :laugh:
    That's relieving...I just find the exam technique so odd. In my mock exam I lost a mark on one question for not operationalising even though the question didn't specifically say to operationalise, it's sooo frustrating :mad:. In all my subjects I am so bad at exam technique it's annoying when I get all the content in my head and then when I apply it it all goes wrong :unimpressed:.

ReputationRep:
    Finally going to start revision!

In the 8:30 - 10 slot:

I'm starting on Series & Sequences (C2) and hoping to Finish Exercise 7A, 7B, 7C & 7D.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by electric33)
    That's relieving...I just find the exam technique so odd. In my mock exam I lost a mark on one question for not operationalising even though the question didn't specifically say to operationalise, it's sooo frustrating :mad:. In all my subjects I am so bad at exam technique it's annoying when I get all the content in my head and then when I apply it it all goes wrong :unimpressed:.
    U R LITERALLY LIKE ME :shakehand:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kittyboy)
    I wish that was on my syllabus

Just did biol revision as soon as i got back from school. It's 8 now so that's like 4 hours :+)
    Wow i dont know how you get the motivation. I have decided to kick start my exam revision tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    So, I started much later than 5:30pm bc I went to have dinner and then idek what i did but I managed to practice a few questions from the book + wrote some notes. I don't think I can do anything else or stay awake for any longer. >.< Infact, I don't think I'm functioning properly anymore. Going to bed in, like... rn. :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anon_98)
    So, I started much later than 5:30pm bc I went to have dinner and then idek what i did but I managed to practice a few questions from the book + wrote some notes. I don't think I can do anything else or stay awake for any longer. >.< Infact, I don't think I'm functioning properly anymore. Going to bed in, like... rn. :woo:
    have your sleeep

ReputationRep:
    haha why sad face?
    are you struggling or something?:hugs:
    No, not at the moment. I just thought we could be study buddies if we were with the same exam board.

ReputationRep:
    No, not at the moment. I just thought we could be study buddies if we were with the same exam board.
    hahah ikr...
    but maybe the thoery is kinda the same

ReputationRep:
    hahah ikr...
    but maybe the thoery is kinda the same
    Maybe. It doesn't matter. I can just badger my friends at school to revise with me.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe. It doesn't matter. I can just badger my friends at school to revise with me.
    haha fun

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by electric33)
    literally my struggle, always the exam technique or the way they really twist questions that gets in my way

ReputationRep:
    U R LITERALLY LIKE ME :shakehand:

ReputationRep:
    I felt like I did the easiest paper for C3 ,yet got only 60/75

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sd_skittles)
    literally my struggle, always the exam technique or the way they really twist questions that gets in my way
    OMG same here! Exam technique is my biggest weakness for the exams...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.