The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I got 42 / 64 in the June 09 paper I just did (took off the 11 marks for the questions i've not been taught).

That puts me halfway between a C and a B which i'm happy with at this stage. A few silly mistakes and my integration by substition / by parts is weak which lost me around 8 marks at the end. :smile:
Original post by Excuse Me!
Differential equations are awful. Vectors are alright but there's a lot of methods to remember for different types of questions.

The one in he June 2005 paper I did was horrendous. I just hope they don't get harder than that because I can do simpler ones. Completely agree with you on vectors. I always forget to change the limits with integration by substitution XD I managed to remember for this paper though!
Reply 1322
Original post by Tinka99
Should I use this for GCSE revision?

Yes, yes you should. :colone:
Reply 1323
:work: 10:30pm. :work:

~Logging out time!~

Finishing off C3 and then move back onto doing a bit more Biology unit 5. I might start writing an essay actually.. hmm..
Starting my Criminal reading for my S2 now, highlighting- reallt want to understand! xD Also if any of you guys are doing Economics or B Studies, History i can help :smile: i took them last year for Alevel and finished with A and A :smile:
Reply 1325
So I managed to get everything that I wanted to done :smile: - will continue with the rest of my essay tomorrow morning!
Reply 1326
Original post by Excuse Me!
is it hard? are you on aqa?

the last thing i need is a paper full of substitiution and modulus this year. Limiting the rest of the integration would also be a bonus haha!

AQA is so so if you get what i mean,like i don't know how to gauge my progress even if i am doing well (if that makes sense lol) . if you need specific questions for C3 or any module for that matter look no further than my favourite

http://www.physicsandmathstutor.com/a-level-maths-papers/
(browse the questions by topic for your specific needs)

i hope that helps ,if i can find any more resources i'll let you know
Reply 1327
Oh anddd btw I'll be here at 8:30am tomorrow (possibly slightly earlier) for anyone else that may also be up for it! :lol:
Reply 1328
Original post by Britishsunset
Starting my Criminal reading for my S2 now, highlighting- reallt want to understand! xD Also if any of you guys are doing Economics or B Studies, History i can help :smile: i took them last year for Alevel and finished with A and A :smile:

economics yes pls i have the same target grade lol (hoping you did it with OCR lol):^_^: i struggle with my essays :ashamed2::frown:
Reply 1329
Original post by Anon_98
Oh anddd btw I'll be here at 8:30am tomorrow (possibly slightly earlier) for anyone else that may also be up for it! :lol:

loving the commitment :biggrin: thank you for starting this, it gears me so much seeing everyone else revising while i am too :ta:
Reply 1330
Original post by xs4
loving the commitment :biggrin: thank you for starting this, it gears me so much seeing everyone else revising while i am too :ta:

Yay, thanks - There's just so much to do + frankly not enough time, got to make the absolute most of our weekends! :h: + you're more than welcome - I'm so glad to hear it's been of use!

Goodnight for now + sleep well though. - Perhaps I'll see you tomorrow. :smile:
Original post by Britishsunset

Did you do History Edexcel?
Original post by xs4
AQA is so so if you get what i mean,like i don't know how to gauge my progress even if i am doing well (if that makes sense lol) . if you need specific questions for C3 or any module for that matter look no further than my favourite

http://www.physicsandmathstutor.com/a-level-maths-papers/
(browse the questions by topic for your specific needs)

i hope that helps ,if i can find any more resources i'll let you know

That looks good thanks. I guess if you keep doing past papers and compare the score you can track it but even then tests vary in difficulty.

I scavenge for resources haha. http://www.thechalkface.net/resources/notformulabooks/ is quite nice. If I need more specific stuff I go on TES haha.

I take it you're also on AQA?
Reply 1333
:work: 8:30am. :work:
~Logging out time!~

G. Morning thread. ^-^ I'm going to start the day with essay writing whilst having my breakfast.
Original post by Anon_98
:work: 8:30am. :work:
~Logging out time!~

G. Morning thread. ^-^ I'm going to start the day with essay writing whilst having my breakfast.

All the best with your revision session! :smile: This is my first ever day on TSR and your thread was so inspiring that I just signed up. Thank you so much for this!!!

I am running late but I am aiming to do Bio Unit 2.2 and 4.1, 4.2 by the end of this session.
Reply 1335
Original post by TheTeresaLover
All the best with your revision session! :smile: This is my first ever day on TSR and your thread was so inspiring that I just signed up. Thank you so much for this!!!

I am running late but I am aiming to do Bio Unit 2.2 and 4.1, 4.2 by the end of this session.

Thank you v much! - Good luck with yours too.

Aw, well I feel somewhat flattered. :blushing: + yayyy, welcome to TSR!! :tsr: ( I've always wanted to use that emoticon. XD ) Hope you enjoy all the time that you'll spend on here! :h: If you ever need any help with stuff around the site then feel free to message me.
Reply 1336
So, I realised that I actually accidentally missed out some of my maths stuff last night; composite functions, inverse functions and iteration. :mad: I could've...just left it since it isn't overly difficult but I think I want to feel entirely complete so I started writing my notes for that rather than Bio stuff and I haven't finished yet so will have to continue with that later. Sadly, I can't complete the full block bc I've got to go now but will be back here in... ugh, well, asap.
Original post by Anon_98
Thank you v much! - Good luck with yours too.

Aw, well I feel somewhat flattered. :blushing: + yayyy, welcome to TSR!! :tsr: ( I've always wanted to use that emoticon. XD ) Hope you enjoy all the time that you'll spend on here! :h: If you ever need any help with stuff around the site then feel free to message me.

Awww, thank you so much for the welcome!! :h:

And yes, it is taking me a while to figure things out here on TSR, but thanks for your offer to help. I'll let you know if I get stuck. :smile:

Update: I started half an hour late so I'll finish the session at 10.30. Might not get to the 4.1 and 4.2 bit though:frown:
Got up later than I wanted but oh well,planning to do a C3 paper in this block ,hope it won't take me longer than 1,5 hour :smile:
amazing I'm joining a bit late but I can do it!! until 2PM I'll finish to read history notes on Imperialist Russia and will complete my recap. All that without using any social media! I'm turning off my cell phone!!

Latest

Trending

Trending