Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Struggling with revision? Join the TSR session every hour!! From 7am-2am. Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheTeresaLover)
    Hey! May I ask you how you revise for Biology? Do you make notes or have a different way of learning it? Also, do you feel like the past papers are hard or easy to do? I do AQA and I find it difficult to do the application questions! Anon_98
    Yep, ofc you may. Well, for units 1+2 - I basically used classnotes alone to make lots of small flashcard type notes on every topic then tested myself by just covering it then reciting kinda thing but they took me absolutely ageeeeeeeeeesss. O_O But for unit 4 + 5, I'm using the youtube channel - "Mr.Pollock Biology" to build a basic understanding then I make my notes afterwards using the videos and several textbooks and classnotes .This helps as A2 stuff is a lot harder and then after I've done all of that I'll try and memorise them all. As for past papers, I haven't attempted a single A2 Biology past paper from the AQA website as of yet bc I haven't completed what I need to do. In all our exams at school we are given made up ones and I found the application questions which were presented to us incredibly difficult too. After I've finished my current biology revision, I'll do a past paper to see if I've improved in anyway and whether this technique works for me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Guls)
    5:10pm.
    ~Logging out time!~
    Gonna do a block of sweaty acidity note maing
    I'm sweating. Need to highlight some more stuff then make le notes. After thist hopefully gonna s'more bio n tonight the As revision starts.

ReputationRep:
    :work: 6:30pm. :work:
    ~Logging out time!~

Come on Anon, you can do this. :slap:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Guls)
    5:10pm.
    ~Logging out time!~
    Gonna do a block of sweaty acidity note maing
    why did you tagged me for?

ReputationRep:
    doing a chem A2 paper 1 now, finding it quite difficult then I will do a bio past paper, and begin revising AS chemistry

ReputationRep:
    Out of curiosity, how many of you are tracking your hours of revision? I've found setting a target amount of hours per week and tracking it in a spreadsheet has really motivated me!

ReputationRep:
    I've been slacking revision so much this week and now panicking argh!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone answer this question (biology aqa AS)
    a sample of epithelial tissue from the small intestine of an animal was analysed some of the cells had 8.4 units of DNA others only had only 4.2 units

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goal101)
    Can anyone answer this question (biology aqa AS)
    a sample of epithelial tissue from the small intestine of an animal was analysed some of the cells had 8.4 units of DNA others only had only 4.2 units
    Maybe some of the DNA in some cells had just replicated and so the units had been doubled (the Interphase stage) - that is what I think.

ReputationRep:
    Did 2 C4 papers today, rates of change questions are annoying I'll practice them more another time. On the bright side, I'm getting better at vectors!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheTeresaLover)
    Maybe some of the DNA in some cells had just replicated and so the units had been doubled (the Interphase stage) - that is what I think.
    Yeahhh that's what I thought aswell! Hope it's right! Thankyou

ReputationRep:
    Thank you,knew about the first one . The all papers website sounds to be great as they have Cambridge Advanced papers,will see how they go

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kamara7)
    Did 2 C4 papers today, rates of change questions are annoying I'll practice them more another time. On the bright side, I'm getting better at vectors!
    lol vectors are my worst enemy &also did some C4 today, how're you finding A2? (also what additional module are you doing)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by htrowslec)
    Out of curiosity, how many of you are tracking your hours of revision? I've found setting a target amount of hours per week and tracking it in a spreadsheet has really motivated me!
    Oh, that's good! Hm, I might try it out on Monday - maybe it'll also help to see which subjects I should be spending more time on/whether I'm balancing things.

ReputationRep:
    Finallyyyyyy managed to get myself to do a half-decent amount of work. -.-

- Finished my stupid essay, just need to copy it out in pen since my teacher prefers it to be handwritten rather than emailed + whatnot so I'll do that just before I go to bed.
    - Completed and Marked a C1 June 2013 past paper - 72/75. Lost marks bc I apparently forgot to finish the arithmetic sequence question.
    - Completed + have written my notes for the partial fractions section of C4 maths.

Yeah, not overly happy with my productivity levels today or this past week tbh. Hopefully tomorrow will be a bit more fun, I''m going to try and wake up early so I can get some work done since I feel like I'm behind atm and just.. :argh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anon_98)
    Finallyyyyyy managed to get myself to do a half-decent amount of work. -.-

- Finished my stupid essay, just need to copy it out in pen since my teacher prefers it to be handwritten rather than emailed + whatnot so I'll do that just before I go to bed.
    - Completed and Marked a C1 June 2013 past paper - 72/75. Lost marks bc I apparently forgot to finish the arithmetic sequence question.
    - Completed + have written my notes for the partial fractions section of C4 maths.

Yeah, not overly happy with my productivity levels today or this past week tbh. Hopefully tomorrow will be a bit more fun, I''m going to try and wake up early so I can get some work done since I feel like I'm behind atm and just.. :argh:

lol that essay's been bugging you for ages & well done :five:are you aiming for an A* too by any chance? I feel the same to be quite frank, going to have to follow the timetable more strictly next week

ReputationRep:
    I haven't attempted a single A2 Biology past paper from the AQA website as of yet bc I haven't completed what I need to do. In all our exams at school we are given made up ones and I found the application questions which were presented to us incredibly difficult too. After I've finished my current biology revision, I'll do a past paper to see if I've improved in anyway and whether this technique works for me. [/QUOTE]

Are you doing A2 biology/ just revised in advanced haha?

Revising Biology now. Good luck to everyone with their exam revision.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by htrowslec)
    That's great,tried it before, will start again it helps me see how much time I actually make use of. Great idea - thanks for sharing!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xs4)
    lol that essay's been bugging you for ages & well done :five:are you aiming for an A* too by any chance? I feel the same to be quite frank, going to have to follow the timetable more strictly next week
    Same here.
    What A levels are you doing?
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got any tips for revising Macroeconomics? I'm fine with Micro because I revise around the diagrams, but I struggle a lot more with Macro.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
    Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.