:work: 4:30pm. :work:
    ~Logging out time!~

Binomial theorem.

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone explain how this thread works please. Thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hunnybeebee)
    Can anyone explain how this thread works please. Thank you
    Ask any questions you want, this is is a friendly forum I'm fairly new also and I will do my best to answer if I can help with any revision!

Just log on and off when you have your next study block :call::tsr::u:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Metapheonix)
    Ask any questions you want, this is is a friendly forum I'm fairly new also and I will do my best to answer if I can help with any revision!

Just log on and off when you have your next study block :call::tsr::u:
    ahhh how do I do that? I'm at the library right now loool. Struggling so bad :'(

ReputationRep:
    ahhh how do I do that? I'm at the library right now loool. Struggling so bad :'(
    What's wrong? If it's noise - try wearing headphones/ earplugs and listen to some music which helps you relax.

You can try find an online/ mobile timer and set for approx 40 or 20 mins, whatever you feel you can definitely do at first and you can do more study if you feel like you can carry on! Then do whatever you want in breaks as long as you don't take a break longer than an hour!

Hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anon_98)
    :work: 4:30pm. :work:
    ~Logging out time!~

Binomial theorem.
    shizzle sticks i missed it by 11 mins :unimpressed:

ReputationRep:
    What's wrong? If it's noise - try wearing headphones/ earplugs and listen to some music which helps you relax.

You can try find an online/ mobile timer and set for approx 40 or 20 mins, whatever you feel you can definitely do at first and you can do more study if you feel like you can carry on! Then do whatever you want in breaks as long as you don't take a break longer than an hour!

Hope this helps
    More stressed about A2's really D: wanting to do well but struggling to revise all three subjects at the same time and to a high standard, bleurgh

ReputationRep:
    More stressed about A2's really D: wanting to do well but struggling to revise all three subjects at the same time and to a high standard, bleurgh
    I feel you, all have bad days

Which subjects are you doing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hals)
    shizzle sticks i missed it by 11 mins :unimpressed:
    Well, you have 6:30pm!

ReputationRep:
    Logging out - Chemistry time!

ReputationRep:
    I did a bit of Binomial but then had to have dinnerrrr. D; By 11pm I'd like to have completed all of Binomial and finished all the homework which is due in for tomorrow. - So many pieces, I'm going to dieeeeee. D:

ReputationRep:
    I did a bit of Binomial but then had to have dinnerrrr. D; By 11pm I'd like to have completed all of Binomial and finished all the homework which is due in for tomorrow. - So many pieces, I'm going to dieeeeee. D:
    Good luck - you CAN do it! I've got to read up on and complete organic chemistry before we do it in class!

ReputationRep:
    Good luck - you CAN do it! I've got to read up on and complete organic chemistry before we do it in class!
    Thank you!! - I hope so. I think I'm going to log out of here until I've completed everything. Good luck with your stuff too!

:hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Haven't done anything today lol. just felt no motivation and now feel awful

ReputationRep:
    Today so far I got a B in the C2 paper I did.Happy with that, made some silly lazy mistakes such as expanding (3sinx + cosx)^2 to 9sin^2x + cos^2x :O I also messed up a trapezium rule question involving trigonometry by typing in the actual values and getting all muddled up rather than just putting it as 0.25 (sin0 + sin2 + 2(sin0.5 + sin1 + sin1.5) which meant the calculator did most of the work.

Currently doing the first section of C4 trig.

I recommend the pomodoro technique for people struggling. http://pomodorotechnique.com/

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Anon_98;63072039]:console:

Um, well considering there's not much time left- I'd probably recommend that you fully focus on tomorrow's exam, today. Like, just try your best to get as much as done possible then spend the whole of tomorrow night on the Cold war stuff... - is it a real/proper exam? >.<

Good luck!

Yeah it is, I'll try anyways. Thanks for the advice!

ReputationRep:
    Theres a good revision technique you can do.

You need paper and two coloured pens - preferably black and another colour (maybe green or orange - something bright).

Choose the topic you want to revise (eg. limestone) and using the black pen write down everything you can remember without a revision guide, book or anything that will give you the answers.
    (you can use a checklist for this as long as it doesn't give answers - just what you need to learn. A checklist may say something like "know the stages of the limestone cycle").

Afterwards, look at your revision guide, book, website or whatever you revise from and see what points you missed. Write them on the page in a different colour. This colour will make the points stand out so you remember them.

Finally, write all the points you missed in the second colour again without looking at the the revision materials or your corrections. If you want then add the points you remembered the first time. This whole process helps you remember as many points as possible and fill the gaps in your knowledge

Hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    I've finished + written my notes for parametricsss which was actually fun lol bc it didn't turn out to be as difficult as I remembered! I'll continue with more of C4 a bit later.
    does making notes for C3/4 help? i might give it a try

ReputationRep:
    Argghh - what are ligands? (Chemistry)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kittyboy)
    Haven't done anything today lol. just felt no motivation and now feel awful
    Try not to feel awful!
    What helps me is to plan what I will study each night before morning session - this helps me feel more in control of my study.
    Hope this helps

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Break up or unrequited love?
    Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.