Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Struggling with revision? Join the TSR session every hour!! From 7am-2am. Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Barely done any work this weekend, because I've finished all my homework early and I just wanted to chill because I've been working hard this week, but at 8:00 I'm going to make some flashcards for biology unit 4 because we have a test on Thursday. May do that for an hour or two, depending on how I'm feeling.

ReputationRep:
    Hehe, I just had a really lovely nap and now I'm going to do my work until 1am. ^-^ I decided to stop thinking in a silly manner bc sleeping till tomorrow morning is in reality a bit excessive. I mean, 14hrs?! :rofl:. But I think a proper rest break was exactly what I needed and I've currently got some amazingly inspirational music playing in my room which is awesome. My mum said she'll bring all my revision snacks up for me every hour/so until I go to bed to avoid me wasting time getting food from all the way downstairs so these next few blocks should be relatively efficient... And I basically have no excuse if they aren't.

Okay, so I'm going to watch the videos I was supposed to watch during the day right now then make a few posters then call it a night. That should be enough to get me on top of schedule and make up for my lack of work earlier.

And at 12:00am tonight, I'm going to post a target timetable thing for tomorrow just so I have an idea of what I want to achieve as it may help me keep on track and I'll also update the main schedule in the OP just before bed for everyone else.

I understand that not every single day of studying will be perfect and go exactly to plan but the main thing I need to be able to do is just accept it and move on. Just be able to say to myself..

"Alright Anon, you didn't manage to do any questions on integration by parts bc you were too engrossed in Sudoku level 105 but you know what- it doesn't actually matter bc you still have 5 more hours before this day is over so make the most of it instead of dwelling on what you haven't done or how much time you've wasted or how you wish you started earlier bc it isn't helping you or anyone else.You're not going to fail and you're not going to disappoint anyone so stop being negative bc negative thoughts will only induce negative outcomes. You're going to try your best and whatever happens after that.. well, happens lol."

Life's too short to be getting overly upset about a delayed studying block of Biology or a missed block of Maths or even a fine liner which has run out of ink. (':

I'm going to try and always keep this post in mind in the future to avoid unnecessary sadness. :fuhrer:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anon_98)
    x
    Prsom! Lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ravioliyears)
    Prsom! Lol
    Thank you! <3

Hehe, I just had a really lovely nap and now I'm going to do my work until 1am. ^-^ I decided to stop thinking in a silly manner bc sleeping till tomorrow morning is in reality a bit excessive. I mean, 14hrs?! :rofl:. But I think a proper rest break was exactly what I needed and I've currently got some amazingly inspirational music playing in my room which is awesome. My mum said she'll bring all my revision snacks up for me every hour/so until I go to bed to avoid me wasting time getting food from all the way downstairs so these next few blocks should be relatively efficient... And I basically have no excuse if they aren't.

Okay, so I'm going to watch the videos I was supposed to watch during the day right now then make a few posters then call it a night. That should be enough to get me on top of schedule and make up for my lack of work earlier.

And at 12:00am tonight, I'm going to post a target timetable thing for tomorrow just so I have an idea of what I want to achieve as it may help me keep on track and I'll also update the main schedule in the OP just before bed for everyone else.

I understand that not every single day of studying will be perfect and go exactly to plan but the main thing I need to be able to do is just accept it and move on. Just be able to say to myself..

"Alright Anon, you didn't manage to do any questions on integration by parts bc you were too engrossed in Sudoku level 105 but you know what- it doesn't actually matter bc you still have 5 more hours before this day is over so make the most of it instead of dwelling on what you haven't done or how much time you've wasted or how you wish you started earlier bc it isn't helping you or anyone else.You're not going to fail and you're not going to disappoint anyone so stop being negative bc negative thoughts will only induce negative outcomes. You're going to try your best and whatever happens after that.. well, happens lol."

Life's too short to be getting overly upset about a delayed studying block of Biology or a missed block of Maths or even a fine liner which has run out of ink. (':

I'm going to try and always keep this post in mind in the future to avoid unnecessary sadness. :fuhrer:
    No offense intended but have you ever considered the fact you might be overdoing the revision? I for one am much more productive if I stick to just an hour a day, maybe slightly more, especially given how far we are from exams. Your lack of productivity could be stemming from this tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BBeyond)
    No offense intended but have you ever considered the fact you might be overdoing the revision? I for one am much more productive if I stick to just an hour a day, maybe slightly more, especially given how far we are from exams. Your lack of productivity could be stemming from this tbh.
    No, that's totally fine.- None taken.

Overdoing the revision? - Well, I don't really believe that's a thing tbh. The problem is, I don't actually know how much revision I'm supposed to be doing in order to do well therefore I don't know when I'm overdoing it. I literally have no past to learn from except from the fact I need to do more than what I used to which I guess doesn't help. We aren't actually that far from the exams though. :indiff: I have my EMPA on Wednesday and that feels real enough. I suppose what you're saying could be true and that might be why I probably appear to be all over the place atm. :dunce: But idk. >.<

Personally, I don't believe one hour a day is adequate enough for me. I don't want to be regretting things bc I spent a lot less time than I could've. What you do is, like, 7-8 hrs a week? Our sixth form recommends 16 - 20hrs a week?

Edit: How many exams do you have? Maybe the fact I'm retaking almost every AS unit actually means I am definitely required to start earlier.

ReputationRep:
    Watching anon be productive just makes me feel guilty lol. You're doing great though, props

Overdoing the revision? - Well, I don't really believe that's a thing tbh. The problem is, I don't actually know how much revision I'm supposed to be doing in order to do well therefore I don't know when I'm overdoing it. I literally have no past to learn from except from the fact I need to do more than what I used to which I guess doesn't help. We aren't actually that far from the exams though. :indiff: I have my EMPA on Wednesday and that feels real enough. I suppose what you're saying could be true and that might be why I probably appear to be all over the place atm. :dunce: But idk. >.<

Personally, I don't believe one hour a day is adequate enough for me. I don't want to be regretting things bc I spent a lot less time than I could've. What you do is, like, 7-8 hrs a week? Our sixth form recommends 16 - 20hrs a week?

Edit: How many exams do you have? Maybe the fact I'm retaking almost every AS unit actually means I am definitely required to start earlier.
    I would say you can overdo revision - if it gets to a point where you have no motivation left before the end of exams then you have overdone it. The key is to run out of motivation as your exams end but that is hard to get right I guess. Maybe try cutting down a session (potentially 2 on weekends? - for example the ridiculously early one that starts at 7am) a day and see if you feel any better. Obviously the day before an exam such as your EMPA it could be good to cram I agree with that, but I don't think it's necessary everyday to be doing a large amount of hours 2 months away from exams, especially when you have school, you have to strike a balance.

I didn't factor in homework and things into that, I was talking about pure revision in the hour a day, so it probably does come out to around 15-18 hours a week on an average week factoring in homework. Some weekends I may do a lot more than an hour as well, it all depends on how I'm feeling

I have 15 exams this year (4 resits), how many AS resits do you have?

ReputationRep:

Screw that monkey. But how many As exams.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I would say you can overdo revision - if it gets to a point where you have no motivation left before the end of exams then you have overdone it. The key is to run out of motivation as your exams end but that is hard to get right I guess. Maybe try cutting down a session (potentially 2 on weekends? - for example the ridiculously early one that starts at 7am) a day and see if you feel any better. Obviously the day before an exam such as your EMPA it could be good to cram I agree with that, but I don't think it's necessary everyday to be doing a large amount of hours 2 months away from exams, especially when you have school, you have to strike a balance.

I didn't factor in homework and things into that, I was talking about pure revision in the hour a day, so it probably does come out to around 15-18 hours a week on an average week factoring in homework. Some weekends I may do a lot more than an hour as well, it all depends on how I'm feeling
    Oh right, yes. - I understand what you mean and totally agree. Well, last year I was working pretty hard from September, like, intensely and I ran out of fuel by March which meant that all my exams suffered a great amount. I literally couldn't even attend any more normal lessons bc I had, had absolutely enough of everything. Obviously a bad idea.- I didn't realise at the time, ofc. This year, I've more/less tried the opposite so hoping it will be okay. I do think you're right about that though and that's what I'm trying to make sure happens.

Yeah, I might do that- not sure bc I do work best in the morning so maybe I'll just take longer breaks throughout the day/finish earlier.- Thank you. Oh right, well on weekdays I only do an average of two hours. I don't even have time for anymore than that simply bc I return home quite late on most days and it gets really busy as well as the fact that I get tired but hmm.. yeah, I might reduce the amount I do on weekends.

Ah alright! Got it. An hour/two on a Saturday seems like a ridiculously low amount though. >.< I mean, if you get up at 7am and finish your daily revision by 9am surely that's just ..not enough..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Guls)
    how many As exams.
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    7 AS, what about you?

ReputationRep:
    I have 15 exams this year (4 resits), how many AS resits do you have?
    Ah cool, I have 16 exams (7 resits) Do you do further maths?

Ah cool, I have 16 exams and 7 resits. Do you do further maths?
    So you have 23 exams? That is a crazy amount??? Yeah I do, you?

ReputationRep:
    4 A2 subjects??
    Ah cool, I have 16 exams and 7 resits. Do you do further maths?

ReputationRep:
    I was getting worried- I thought 'Anon_98' was doing your gcse's. Do you think we have to do as much revision for our gcses as you are currently doing? and starting 2 months early? isn't that too early for gcses? I heard you can hack with day before revision.

ReputationRep:
    So you have 23 exams? That is a crazy amount??? Yeah I do, you?
    No, gosh ofc not. I've edited my post. :rofl: Sorry, misplaced a word. Ah alright cool + nope. (:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Guls)
    4 A2 subjects??
    3 A2 subjects.

(Original post by mygcserevision)
    I was getting worried- I thought 'Anon_98' was doing your gcse's. Do you think we have to do as much revision for our gcses as you are currently doing? and starting 2 months early? isn't that too early for gcses? I heard you can hack with day before revision.
    :lol:

Yeah, you totally can but I wouldn't recommend you starting your GCSE revision the day before! A month before should be okay. Or if you're starting revision 2 months before then that's when I'd be doing an hour a day lmao.

ReputationRep:
    :work: 9:00pm.:work:
    ~Logging out time!~

Okay cool, enough distractions. :'3 I'm doing Biologyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.

ReputationRep:
    x
    that was early wasn't

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatima1998)
    that was early wasn't
    Pardon?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.