Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Bronze Duke of Edinburgh Kit List? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing my bronze Duke of Edinburgh soon and I was wondering what kind of things I would need to take? Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    I recently received my award
    A large rucksack; some shops sell them especially for DofE, tent as light as possible and sleeping back as small as possible but ensure it is suitable for this season.
    For food you need lightweight food (avoid tins) you should ideally take 2 meals to heat up and 2 cold meals, some sugary snacks, water, cutlery. You also need a stove and fuel which you institution should provide you with or advise you on.
    Clothing you need waterproof trousers or trousers that will dry easily, extra pairs of socks so you can double up if needed or change if they get wet, plenty of layers you can take off and put on easily for your top half.
    Your boots should fit you well, go to a shop selling many and find the best ones for you. If they are new try to break them in beforehand.
    Toiletries: tooth brush and paste, deodorant and things for showering if you are planning on having a shower. I found baby wipes helpful.
    First aid kit: plasters (NOT blister patches as these can make blisters worse), antiseptic wipes, pain relief and any medication you require as a minimum.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you so much! This is so helpful! Congratulations on receiving your award.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by musicalpiano)
    Thank you so much! This is so helpful! Congratulations on receiving your award.
    Not a problem, and thank you forgot to mention you might want to take some shoes to wear around the camp site. Some flip flops or slip on shoes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maisieaa)
    Not a problem, and thank you forgot to mention you might want to take some shoes to wear around the camp site. Some flip flops or slip on shoes
    Ah good idea. Thank you again!

ReputationRep:
    The D of E website where you create your own e account will provide you with a full kit list. My one piece of advice esp for bronze and silver is buy as good quality footwear and waterproofs as you can. Ask he why I know this 😭😘😂😂😂. By the time I finished the silver exp my feet were shredded. I did my gold expedition in the Alps so treated myself (rather my dad did) to a quality pair. Couldve saved a bit of cash if I'd been less grippy first time round. Cotswold outdoor give discount for DoE.

Enjoy the challenge 👍

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DougallnDougall)
    The D of E website where you create your own e account will provide you with a full kit list. My one piece of advice esp for bronze and silver is buy as good quality footwear and waterproofs as you can. Ask he why I know this 😭😘😂😂😂. By the time I finished the silver exp my feet were shredded. I did my gold expedition in the Alps so treated myself (rather my dad did) to a quality pair. Couldve saved a bit of cash if I'd been less grippy first time round. Cotswold outdoor give discount for DoE.

Enjoy the challenge 👍
    Thank you so much!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.