Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello guys,

I am a newbie and I am going to UK next year for master so I did my applications and I got accepted by almost all my choices.My applications are the following:

1) University Of Manchester - MSc ACS Computer Security (or other specialization)
    2) Lancaster University- Msc Cyber Security
    3) University Of Bristol - MSc in Advanced Computing - Internet Technologies with Security
    4) Newcastle University-Computer Security and Resilience MSc
    5) University of Surrey-Information Security MSc

So, I want to hear from you guys what you would choose? I am between Bristol (because has better reputation),Manchester (better life), Lancaster (the only cybersecurity course) and Surrey (which has good rep. too). Anyone with experience or if you know something about the courses or in general the cities that I think please don't hesitate to tell me your opinion!

PS. What about Rusell group? Should the uni be in that group? Also for student life, living cost and accomodation if possible to have opinions would be great!
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Well, there is going to be plenty of nightlife in both Bristol and Newcastle as well as Manchester. None of these strike me as poor choices. Have you considered what you want to do afterwards and looked at whether the graduate destinations from each university are in line with your intentions? If you just want a personal opinion then I would choose Bristol because I have no idea how strong each department is in this subject so would go with the choice that I feel would would look best on my CV in general. It would be a marginal decision.

Each university has its own rforum as well so please do have a look around. You can find them here.

Best of luck.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for your opinion! I would like to know more from a person that lives in these cities or attended any of the universities.I heared that in Lancaster there are campus rooms only for postgraduates and that's good I think for having quiet and a place to study.Do you know if other universities have this kind of accomodation or if they have mix undergraduates and postgraduates rooms?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.