Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, any advice on how to make the most of being a medical student in London? I'd be glad if you could give specific examples, anecdotes etc. Thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    Start buying lottery tickets. Or sell a kidney.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    Start buying lottery tickets. Or sell a kidney.
    Apparently a lot of students are turning to sugar daddies nowadays

OP: to stay on topics, I'm not sure what you're after. A list of must see destinations or a list of the hottest clubs? TBH its more fun exploring it with your friends and finding out for yourself. But the point Helenia makes is valid. Everything is more expensive in London, so you'll have to learn to be frugal in your fun seeking.

ReputationRep:
    Hahaha thanks a lot guys for your reply, but I meant CV wise. Sorry for not being very clear.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mariananoma)
    Hahaha thanks a lot guys for your reply, but I meant CV wise. Sorry for not being very clear.
    Ahh that makes a bit more sense. I'm sure someone will be along soon with some better advice, I've not really done much CV building yet.

But generally look for opportunities to get involved in research/audits etc. Intercalation will get you points.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForestCat)
    Ahh that makes a bit more sense. I'm sure someone will be along soon with some better advice, I've not really done much CV building yet.

But generally look for opportunities to get involved in research/audits etc. Intercalation will get you points.
    That's what I was thinking, but it's so hard to get involved, I feel like I'm being a burden lol

ReputationRep:
    Really not much different from being a medic anywhere else. All universities with medical schools will have research opportunities, big name hospitals and so on. Get on with your course, settle into university life, and if you discover something along the way that catches your interest then see if you can get some research/an audit/more experience in it. There are hoops to jump through, but don't get obsessed right from the start!

ReputationRep:
    That's what I was thinking, but it's so hard to get involved, I feel like I'm being a burden lol
    Just email a professor (who has a research lab) and see if they are open to taking on a summer student. Most are more than willing to do so, although what you get out of it depends on who you end up being paired with.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.