Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello, i just applied to study in a private university but i did not realised that student loan finance system works completely different for a public university and now I'm really freaking out because i won't be able to afford it and i do not how to do . The university is the Marangoni Institute , i already contacted to required more infos about the tuition fees and the gov can cover it up to 6000£.
    ANY HELP PLEASEEEEEE???!!!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I'm not sure what you're asking. As you say, you can only get up to £6,000 government loan for a private university, and only if the course/university is recognised in the UK. If the university does not offer any scholarships then you are going to have to get a job or go somewhere else. Didn't you apply anywhere else? You still have time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Snufkin)
    I'm not sure what you're asking. As you say, you can only get up to £6,000 government loan for a private university, and only if the course/university is recognised in the UK. If the university does not offer any scholarships then you are going to have to get a job or go somewhere else. Didn't you apply anywhere else? You still have time.
    Thanks for your answer,
    I did not ask yet if the uni that i applied for can offer any scholarship ... I plan already to keeping working while I ll be working but i still did not understand the way to pay all the tuitions fees, if it has to be in one time like the enrollment fees or by rates.
    What about required a finance from the banks to afford the private uni? how normally do the applicants?
    Yes i applied to others uni bet they are going to require a portfolio, which i don't know even how, where to start to do it. The middlsex university booked for me an interview next month, but i don't think so ill make it.
    The Marangoni University is the only one that doesn't demand the portfolio and they accept all the applicants from different background.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by saraou)
    Thanks for your answer,
    I did not ask yet if the uni that i applied for can offer any scholarship ... I plan already to keeping working while I ll be working but i still did not understand the way to pay all the tuitions fees, if it has to be in one time like the enrollment fees or by rates.
    What about required a finance from the banks to afford the private uni? how normally do the applicants?
    Yes i applied to others uni bet they are going to require a portfolio, which i don't know even how, where to start to do it. The middlsex university booked for me an interview next month, but i don't think so ill make it.
    The Marangoni University is the only one that doesn't demand the portfolio and they accept all the applicants from different background.
    I do not know if you could get a loan from a bank, but I think it would be very unwise to try. How would you repay it?

Most art/design/fashion courses require a portfolio, if you don't have one maybe you should do an Art foundation course first? That is the best way to create a portfolio of work. See link: http://www.arts.ac.uk/study-at-ual/f...n-art--design/

ReputationRep:
    I do not know if you could get a loan from a bank, but I think it would be very unwise to try. How would you repay it?

Most art/design/fashion courses require a portfolio, if you don't have one maybe you should do an Art foundation course first? That is the best way to create a portfolio of work. See link: http://www.arts.ac.uk/study-at-ual/f...n-art--design/
    My plan is ask the student loan of 6000 £ and the rest of the tuition fee try to pay every month from my bank account. As independent person in London i have to work full time to afford all my bills and in this case the uni as well if there is the chance to get it.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by saraou)
    My plan is ask the student loan of 6000 £ and the rest of the tuition fee try to pay every month from my bank account. As independent person in London i have to work full time to afford all my bills and in this case the uni as well if there is the chance to get it.
    I don't think a bank would lend you the money but you can try. Are you not going to consider doing a foundation course first? I'm not sure why you're so keen to come to the UK if you're not even going to study at a British university.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think a bank would lend you the money but you can try. Are you not going to consider doing a foundation course first? I'm not sure why you're so keen to come to the UK if you're not even going to study at a British university.
    If wont have any other solution obviously i will apply for a year foundation course.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    University of the Arts London resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.