Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Petition: Petition to Ban Laser Pointers Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hazzer1998)
    Ture that does make a lot of sense when you think about it but money and power can cause corruption and bribery . my main point was that this petition is a overreaction and it like saying Cars can kill people we should ban them or red meat can give you cancer in high proportions we should ban red meat to , see my point ?
    You're right, we should totally ban cars and red meat.

ReputationRep:
    No I need my lasers.

ReputationRep:
    Nay. Just come down hard on the twazzots who shine them at planes.
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    'Ealth 'n' safety gon mad.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unionist)
    Petition to Ban Laser Pointers
    Petition to Ban Laser Pointers
    This petition calls for all laser pointers with the exception of those classified as class 1 to be made unavailable for public purchase. When lasers are used in incidents such as when they are shone at aircraft or at the eyes of other citizens they should be considered as offensive weapons with possible jail sentences and fines depending on the seriousness of the offence.

As someone who plays airsoft, I might actually have a usefull suggestion here. Effectively, if you wish to purchase a rifle which looks real, that is it is painted in military colours etc, you have to have a defence for the purchase. Whilst legally this is all that is required, you in reality have to be UKARA registered, which proved that you are going to use the rifle for airsoft skirmishing.

This could be aplied to laser pointers as, if you have a reasonable defence for owning one, you should be allowed to. I think that this would help reduce the number of incidents.

Also, if I am right, in airsoft we can use up to class 3 lasers as attachments. Whilst I am not familiar with the system at all ( I don't use lasers, they are an unfair way of winning) isn't class 1 a bit low?
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Division! Clear the Lobbies!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.