Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Should I try to hold onto this relationship watch

ReputationRep:
    So I have been with this girl for 8 months and I have never felt so strongly about a girl before. I am in my final year and she is in her first year at separate universities. Since September I have visited her every weekend for the 12 week semester mostly staying the weekdays too. At first university was daunting for her and she wanted me there a lot. Our universities are 60 miles apart but I live closer to her university being twenty miles away. The last two weeks have been horrendous for me. So two weeks ago up the hospital visiting a sick relative. I find out the relative has 3-6 months to live. After finding this out I turn to my girlfriend wanting to see her for support. She isn’t very receptive to my cry for help and didn’t want to make time to see me. She was clubbing that night and it seemed she didn’t want to commit to anything else but that lately. Which was never her pervious behaviour before. So I txted her my feelings about this that she can’t make time for me when I am in need. So she dumps me at this point saying she can’t do it anymore. The next day I travelled up to her to try and sort things out and she treated me pretty bad and didn’t want to talk things over. The last two weeks were the worst weeks of my life, I was trying to understand why she all of sudden she wanted to break up with me. Her answers to this were she wanted to focus on her upcoming exams and the relationship had gone a bit stagnant. She struggles to communicate these things throughout the relationship and it’s difficult to ever get her to talk over things. After she had dumped me I was trying and trying to get her back and make her realise she didn’t have to throw an 8 month relationship away for exams etc. She stuck to her guns, I would get angry and say things to her and she’d then say after saying what I had said, we couldn’t get back together. A few days later I go up to see her and spend the night with her, her responses to my affection were pretty much rejected. I see her two weeks later to talk when she was back from university, to me it was the finale of the break-up at this point and I wanted a closure talk. We had this, but after she txted me the same night saying she had made a mistake and wanted to get back with me etc. I pursued this and have been seeing her the past few days. Once she was back at uni. I had her old phone, to fix (I’m a techy) and I decided to turn it on the other night. She was signed into facebook still on it. Through her facebook messages I find out that she’s basically been saying to a close friend how much she likes this other guy who she was friends with basically from the start of University (and had said to me he was like a brother to her, ie not to worry about anything ever happening). The messages correlated that days later after our split she liked this boy then further on had spent some time with this boy cuddling in his room (apparently). I called her bluff the night I found the messages saying that her close friend had told me everything and sent me all the screenshots. She was out on a night out at this point and she was very immature about it and completely denying anything had happened and using her friends as fake alibies. After sending her various screenshots of her conversations with her friends, she couldn’t deny it any longer. She finally admitted to it and said she had kissed this boy on a few nights out and that was it and had spent some time with him. I think they were going to carry on with it, however when she saw me the night I came for closure she could see my upset and how much our relationship meant. I have been seeing her since she went back to university. The messages I had read didn’t indicate that they had done any more than just kiss and if it were the case that more had happened, I would of cut off the relationship there. So I said I would put this all behind us but I can’t help but feel betrayed, that she’s told me she wanted time to herself but was cracking on with someone else. Then was fine with keeping this from me and would have done so, she said she wouldn’t of wanted to upset me. I am confident during our time together nothing has ever happened and this has been the only time. From the messages I gathered that they had somehow fell out and I can’t help but wonder whether she has just came running back to me cause it has all fell through. Today I have found out that next September however they will both be living in the same house due to he is part of her friendship group etc and she knows no one else to share with.

ReputationRep:
    Nope nope nope. She cheated on you and she only came back to you because her new relationship didn't work out. She treated you like **** and the amount of drama that's going on shouldn't be happening ever, let alone after only eight months. She's broken up with you and cheated and treated you awfully before, nothing will change.

Cut your losses and find someone who respects you and cares about you like you do for them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by georgiaswift)
    Nope nope nope. She cheated on you and she only came back to you because her new relationship didn't work out. She treated you like **** and the amount of drama that's going on shouldn't be happening ever, let alone after only eight months. She's broken up with you and cheated and treated you awfully before, nothing will change.

Cut your losses and find someone who respects you and cares about you like you do for them.
    To clarify she cracked on with this other boy when she split up with me, however it was soon like 4 days later

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hecallsforhelp)
    To clarify she cracked on with this other boy when she split up with me, however it was soon like 4 days later
    Ah okay. Still *****y of her tbh, and the fact that she clearly intended on doing it (made clear by her saying how much she likes him) shows she's not the nicest of people. She's really not worth it.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 16, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.