Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have received and offer from Bournemouth Uni to study Adult nursing, as its my top choice i've accepting the offer and will start this September.

I live local to the uni but am planning on staying in halls for the first year but I am in need of some advice on where is best to go for a nursing student.

From what I have been reading Chesil House looks the most popular for nursing. My only concern is that everyone is commenting on how quiet it is. While I don't think a party hall is best choice with my course I dont want to be somewhere with no uni atmosphere.

Can any nursing/non-nursing student give me some advice??

Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RioE)
    I have received and offer from Bournemouth Uni to study Adult nursing, as its my top choice i've accepting the offer and will start this September.

I live local to the uni but am planning on staying in halls for the first year but I am in need of some advice on where is best to go for a nursing student.

From what I have been reading Chesil House looks the most popular for nursing. My only concern is that everyone is commenting on how quiet it is. While I don't think a party hall is best choice with my course I dont want to be somewhere with no uni atmosphere.

Can any nursing/non-nursing student give me some advice??

Thank you!
    Hi RioE,

Congratulations on accepting Bournemouth Uni.

I am a second year student at BU, I don't study Nursing but I did stay in halls last year.

Chesil house is opposite both Cranbourne and Purbeck house and look wise they are all pretty similar. I think Chesil may be known for being a bit quieter because it is a smaller than the others. Although I have friends who stayed there in their first year and they still thought there was a uni atmosphere.

Some nursing students sometimes stay at Corfe as well which is based on Poole but that all depends on where you will be if you are allocated placements and personal preference.

In terms of tenancy most accommodation offers you the option between a 41/42 tenancy or a 50 week tenancy. Also because all the halls are very similar and extremely close to each other, you should enjoy any of the halls that you decide to stay in.

If you have any questions feel free to ask
    Gemma

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.