Turn on thread page Beta

See again an old crush, good or bad idea? watch

Announcements

Hi everyone.

I had a huge crush on one of my best friends, then I went 6 months abroad to study (Erasmus). Of course I didn't see her once in those 6 months, but we kept texting a lot. Anyway I used that time far from her to move on. I haven't completely forgotten her but I'm feeling much better than when I left.

Problem is, I'm back... I have no idea what to do. She is one of my best friends, so I want to see her again, but I don't want to fall for her again. It was my first huge crush and it was really hard because I was seeing her almost every day and we were getting along so well. It was the worst period of my life...

Do you think it's risky to see again an old crush (considering I've moved on)?

Thank you.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9yGcKlYAiw

ReputationRep:
    It's risky but she's also one of your best friends so.. Either take the risk or never see her again I guess?

ReputationRep:
    Well it depends entirely on how it ended... That said, it ended for reason right? It didn't end merely because you moved away for studying right? So unless something has changed I doubt it would work.

**** and then decide.

ReputationRep:
    Risk it for a chocolate biscuit.

Thanks

(Original post by Katarvi)
    It's risky but she's also one of your best friends so.. Either take the risk or never see her again I guess?

Yeah that's the dilemma.

(Original post by TorpidPhil)
    Well it depends entirely on how it ended... That said, it ended for reason right? It didn't end merely because you moved away for studying right? So unless something has changed I doubt it would work.
    Well I started to have feelings for her so I told her 2 months before I went. She rejected me and we decided to stay friends. It was really hard for me but I didn't want to lose her as a friend so I didn't cut her out of my life. I thought I would move on when I would be abroad. So yeah basically our friendship "ended" (it never ended) because I moved away for studying.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Thanks

Yeah that's the dilemma.

Well I started to have feelings for her so I told her 2 months before I went. She rejected me and we decided to stay friends. It was really hard for me but I didn't want to lose her as a friend so I didn't cut her out of my life. I thought I would move on when I would be abroad. So yeah basically our friendship "ended" (it never ended) because I moved away for studying.
    Ohhhh I thought you had a relationship with this crush before... Oops. Yeah, that's really ****ing tough. Only you can make that decision tbh :L Dunno man.

(Original post by TorpidPhil)
    Ohhhh I thought you had a relationship with this crush before... Oops. Yeah, that's really ****ing tough. Only you can make that decision tbh :L Dunno man.
    Thanks mate
    No, I have had feelings for her since January 2015, only told her in July and then I went abroad in September. Recently got back and have no idea if I should see her again... I want to but there are chances it's a stupid idea
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Sounds like you haven't fully moved on then.

It's very likely you'll fall for her again. I'd still say see her, if feelings come back you'll probably have to reduce contact.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 17, 2016
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.