The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Exeter Night Life?

Hiya, I've got a good offer for sport science from exeter and I was just wondering if anybody has any experience of the night life there? thanks
Reply 1
BUMP
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Reply 2
Exeter uni certainly has a reputation for parties.

A small city. There are decent clubs, bars and pubs apparently but obviously it won't compare to a bigger city.

Depends on the people you meet. If you want parties then make sure you stay in livelier halls.

:wink:
Reply 3
I've got an offer for psychology and sport and exercise science and I was wondering the same thing...
Hello, I live in Exeter so i may be able to help. I dont go to the uni as I'm am in year 13 so i dont know about the parties but the city is small and has very low numbers of nightclubs. It has some good places for cocktails but not much if you are looking to party. Hope that helps :smile:

Abi.
Reply 5
What might examples of livelier halls be? Are there like specific places to be or is it just pot luck who you're put with?
Thanks! :smile:
Reply 6
Hi Abi, how about the city itself, I mean other than clubs/parties, events, and how would somebody never been there (need to) cope with living in exeter...
Reply 7
Hiya, I'm a current student. If you're looking for livelier halls then you want to aim for Lafrowda, Birks Grange and Rowe House. To be really honest it depends more on the people you live with. One way to make sure that you live with people who also like going out is to specify this in the accommodation personality survey they ask you to do. :smile:
Reply 8
Aloha, Exeter is the kind of place where you can make exactly what you want of it. It calls itself a city but definitely is the small town vibe. The city is small and friendly, two trips in you'll know where everywhere is as theres only one major high street. Everywhere is within walking distance so no need for a bus pass. Theres almost too many independent coffee shops, lots of historical sights and the beach is a £4.30 train away

Original post by Imasw
Hi Abi, how about the city itself, I mean other than clubs/parties, events, and how would somebody never been there (need to) cope with living in exeter...
Reply 9
Great! Honestly I prefer living in a small town than big city :smile:
Am int'l student btw, hope I'll get into exeter

Quick Reply

Latest