Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm super grateful to receive an offer for psychology at UCL (A*AA) and Durham (AAA). Super super indecisive about which to firm, the two are so different in every way. UCL is a huge and busy city, Durham is a student city and the college life is so amazing. Both courses are equally good..

Anyone can give me a non-biased opinion about either institutions? Any help is appreciated! Thank you!!
    • Community Assistant
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    The courses might be equally good but they're unlikely to be equal in terms of course content. Look through the modules carefully and make a list of modules you want to do. Choose whichever uni has the longest list. Click here for UCL's module list (under structure), and here for Durham's.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    The college life at Durham isn't quite like oxbridge btw. It's a lot more centralised so I'm not sure you can call it 'amazing'

The course at UCL is a lot larger in terms of staff and department size (I think it's the largest in the UK). You get to choose modules outside of psychology, the contact with tutors is great, A LOT of lab work.

I just graduated from UCL in psych if you have any questions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Noodlzzz)
    The college life at Durham isn't quite like oxbridge btw. It's a lot more centralised so I'm not sure you can call it 'amazing'

The course at UCL is a lot larger in terms of staff and department size (I think it's the largest in the UK). You get to choose modules outside of psychology, the contact with tutors is great, A LOT of lab work.

I just graduated from UCL in psych if you have any questions.
    Thank you for this, what are your opinions on the UCL course? Did you find living in London hectic at all and how was the university life (as in experience)!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jaseho98)
    Thank you for this, what are your opinions on the UCL course? Did you find living in London hectic at all and how was the university life (as in experience)!
    Great course. Yes very hectic, especially moving from a little village in the country but I loved it! I'm not much of a clubber but the alternatives were great. Debating club, comedy nights, drinks in the union... Loved every moment of undergrad, and going back to London (not UCL) for MSc hopefully!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.