Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What would you do if you saw a woman hitting a man? Watch

• View Poll Results: What would you do if you saw a woman hitting a man?
    I am male: Cheer her on
    4.88%
    I am male: Nothing
    15.85%
    I am male: Intervene
    26.83%
    I am male: Call the police
    7.32%
    I am female: Cheer her on
    0%
    I am female: Nothing
    13.41%
    I am female: Intervene
    13.41%
    I am female: Call the police
    3.66%
    I am another gender and I think you are a bigot for not giving options for my gender
    3.66%
    Other (I just want to see the results)
    10.98%

2:22 is disturbing...

ReputationRep:
    Punch her in the face

ReputationRep:
    "What the **** are you doing?"

ReputationRep:
    not likely to see this

ReputationRep:
    emm i dont really wanna get killed, so i really wanna mind my own business. might call the police while walking if it looked real bad.

(Original post by TeeEm)
    not likely to see this
    Is that your answer to all hypothetical questions?

I'd intervene, but at the same time, I want to keep the hair on my head. Maybe wear a helmet before I do so

ReputationRep:
    If it was really bad then probably call the police.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mathemagicien)
    Is that your answer to all hypothetical questions?
    if it unlikely, it is also unlikely for me to worry what I would do !!

(Original post by TeeEm)
    if it unlikely, it is also unlikely for me to worry what I would do !!
    Then why bother commenting !!

ReputationRep:
    Unless she has a good reason to be hitting him, I'd stop it

ReputationRep:
    Then why bother commenting !!
    I thought I will be kind and keep the thread live so others can see it in latest discussions as the thread to be in...

ReputationRep:
    I'd intervene. I think men deserve not to get abused in the same sense women deserve not to.

(Original post by TeeEm)
    I thought I will be kind and keep the thread live so others can see it in latest discussions as the thread to be in...
    Fair enough...

Cheers

(Original post by TheArtofProtest)
    I'd live stream the event worldwide and make sure that ***** is hounded for the rest of her life, wherever she goes.
    But perhaps her anger was justified?

(Original post by djpatch)
    I'd intervene. I think men deserve not to get abused in the same sense women deserve not to.
    But don't you think, even if it were abuse, the woman does less damage than a man would?

ReputationRep:
    Only guy I'm defending is my sibling.

ReputationRep:
    But don't you think, even if it were abuse, the woman does less damage than a man would?

Yes but a man should exercise some restraint depending on the situation at hand. If a female is hitting and abusing a male then only the force needed for defence and to fend them off should be used. If a female is firing a live weapon at a male (not by any case saying it happens regularly) then clearly more force is required to neutralise the threat.

Furthermore I tend to take Whoopi Goldbergs stance on things; if a woman hits a man they cannot be expected to not receive some kind of backlash from it. The full opinion on the matter can be seen here

Would intervene and try and stop the woman. But I'd call the police if she looked stronger than the guy/if she seemed mental or dangerous.

ReputationRep:
    if i knew the person then i would intervene, but if not i would call the police. its a two way thing

ReputationRep:
    It would honestly depend on where I was and the time, if it was a popular area where someone could come and help me out. I'd probably watch for a while from a distance to see if it died down or escalated to make sure that I'd be safe. I'd probably have my phone recording or ready to call 999 too just in case anything happened to me. I'd try to calm the situation down. I wouldn't want to step in to try and help and then be attacked by one or both of them.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.