Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Sex outside of marriage with Christian girlfriend? Watch

Announcements

I am an Atheist- I have never really believed in (the christian) God as I have never really found 'proof' of existence etc. Anyway, my girlfriend is a christian which I completely respect that as her personal belief. She would, therefore, be against sex before/if we got married. I really love her and she loves me too. I don't think it would come to the point of choosing between her religion or sex... I know she is pretty reserved and have been taking our relationship fairly slowly. I know that sex outside marriage is a sin (in most religions in fact) but I also know that this particular matter (for Christians at least) is fairly tangible; Christians such as the Archbishop of York have suggested to condone this in recent years.

My problem: would I be able to have sex with her at a later stage? Is sex outside of marriage really a major issue to Christians (your opinion is appreciated and I'm sorry this isn't open to other religions)?

Obviously I need to talk with her, find out how strict she is and her opinion....But I couldn't get this confusion out of my head..

I would be grateful for any input

P.S we are both above the age of 16

ReputationRep:
    No offence , but in this modern day and age.
    Less christians actually follow their belief.
    Coincidence? Yes when there is over 100 versions of the bible :beard:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Honestly If I was her I wouldn't accept to have sex but obviously you should discuss it with her

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Have you asked your girlfriends opinion on this? Yes it is a sin to have sex before marriage but very few Christians actually stick to it nowadays compared to the past. The only way to know is to discuss it.

Thank you all
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Yep, it's actually talking to the person concerned time.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 17, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.