Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

GCSE Sociology and GCSE Law exams at the same time! Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi does anyone have these subjects at exactly the same time? Has anyone ever had this situation? Which should I sit first? Any comments are appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Samoyed)
    Hi does anyone have these subjects at exactly the same time? Has anyone ever had this situation? Which should I sit first? Any comments are appreciated.
    Assuming you don't have another exam later( in the afternoon) you will probably be made to sit GCSE sociology in the morning then be kept in isolation for the rest of the day and sit law in the afternoon or hide versa, depends how long the exams are, they might try and fit them all in one session( am or pm).

You should be made aware of your arrangement closer to the time.

(Original post by ScienceFantatic)
    Assuming you don't have another exam later( in the afternoon) you will probably be made to sit GCSE sociology in the morning then be kept in isolation for the rest of the day and sit law in the afternoon or hide versa, depends how long the exams are, they might try and fit them all in one session( am or pm).

which exam board is the GCSE Law being offered by? are there any other exam boards offering GCSE law? what topics do you cover at GCSE Law?

ReputationRep:

I'm unlucky, I have RE, in the morning and law and sociology in the afternoon, I believe I sit them one after the other.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Audrey18)
    which exam board is the GCSE Law being offered by? are there any other exam boards offering GCSE law? what topics do you cover at GCSE Law?
    You're asking the wrong person, I know nothing about law GCSE. But pretty sure it's not that useful. Sometimes even law a level is frowned upon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Audrey18)
    Doing AQA Law, I probably won't change exam board now, too late plus I've been learning for the AQA exam, have the textbooks etc

ReputationRep:
    I'm unlucky, I have RE, in the morning and law and sociology in the afternoon, I believe I sit them one after the other.
    I read that if your exams total up to more than 5h 45 minutes across both sessions( morning and afternoon) you do the next day. But I'm guessing it doesn't so you will probably just be isolated for the day!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for your replies everyone, much appreciated

ReputationRep:
    I read that if your exams total up to more than 5h 45 minutes across both sessions( morning and afternoon) you do the next day. But I'm guessing it doesn't so you will probably just be isolated for the day!
    No it totals 4 hours 30 minutes, but its good to know thanks!

ReputationRep:
    If the exams add up to 3 hours or less then you do one after the other the session they are timetabled for (i.e. both in one morning or both in one afternoon). If they add up to more than 3 hours then one will be moved to the other session in the day and you will be kept isolated from other students and without access to your phone/internet until you have finished the exams for the day. If you have a preference which way round you would rather do the exams then talk to the Exam Officer.

ReputationRep:
    Oh my god! I'm in the same position! :/ it really sucks, especially since you have to write a lot. Nut my teacher said we'll probably have a five minute break in isolation and just stay after school??

ReputationRep:
    Yeah same is happening with me, which are you doing first? Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    They automatically put Law first and Sociology second what about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.