Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Enough of this ******** Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a noble chance)
    I'm not sure law is 'objectively more respected' than the performing arts, but I see what you mean.

I did believe that is what I wanted to do with my life, but I wasn't conscious of how unhappy I was with that route as compared to what I am now committing to. I think the degree to which we can think for ourselves in these matters is limited, especially when younger.
    Well it is on the career conveyor belt. It's safer and easier to do at a younger age and you won't have to experience the rollercoaster and insecurity (especially financial) that you will face in performing arts arena.

The trouble is, and this is where my lack of thinking comment comes in, you believe that's what you want to do because it's drilled into you and because it is easier to believe that. I'm not putting you down or 'attacking' you; I'm just saying it how I see it with tons of anecdotal evidence in mind.

ReputationRep:
    Do you mean that you intend to be an actor?
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Good for you son. Life is too short to actively choose unhappiness. When you are famous and having orgies with supermodels remember where you came from.

ReputationRep:
    you have to make life decisions....

do you want to

a) sell out to the man and end up with the fast car & hot chicks like Awesome Genius

or

b)live hand to mouth but in control of your own destiny ?

the choice is yours

:beard:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)
    you have to make life decisions....

do you want to

a) sell out to the man and end up with the fast car & hot chicks like Awesome Genius

or

b)live hand to mouth but in control of your own destiny ?

the choice is yours

:beard:
    Sounds like a red pill or blue pill moment!

Matrix ftw
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    I was planning on a legal career...I'm now committing myself to an area in the performing arts.
    Good for you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ethereal World)
    It sounds like from your OP as though you have been sacrificing your inner desires and talents to an ideal which is maybe more financially secure and objectively more respected, and now you have had a moment of realisation that this is not fulfilling in the long-term.

To me, this is typical of our academic generation whereby we are on this conveyor belt to pseudo-success, in the form of A Levels- good University (RG or die)- career in IB, law, consulting, corporate grad scheme. It is so wrapped in cotton wool that people tend not to think about what they really want from their life because they sacrifice that for kudos and to satisfy their parents who are living vicariously through them.

Correct me if wrong/tell me your story. Apologise for the assumption if incorrect.

I love a wise woman.

Spoiler:
    Show
    :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stefano865)
    I love a wise woman.

Spoiler:
    Show
    :sexface:
    I love a subtle man.

Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ethereal World)
    I love a subtle man.
    Spoiler:
    Show

Wow.

I have met my soulmate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stefano865)
    Wow.

I have met my soulmate.

thirsty

TheOtherSide. i tried replying to ur pm, it wont let me. says i cant reply because its classed as spam.

open ur vms quick lol. b4 i get banned again XD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by keemstarreturns3)
    thirsty

TheOtherSide. i tried replying to ur pm, it wont let me. says i cant reply because its classed as spam.

open ur vms quick lol. b4 i get banned again XD
    Trying to, except I can't see anything :erm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheOtherSide.)
    Trying to, except I can't see anything :erm:
    sad times, wanted to show u a new video aswell lol. cant paste links because my posts get auto removed.

tsr have actually won u know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by keemstarreturns3)
    sad times, wanted to show u a new video aswell lol. cant paste links because my posts get auto removed.

tsr have actually won u know.
    Are you saying you're giving up?

ReputationRep:
    Here here!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheOtherSide.)
    Are you saying you're giving up?
    I cant distribute my content on tsr lol if im getting blocked like this

they really are serious in taking me down :///

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DiddyDec)
    You have certainly made a better choice...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Not sure if serious or sarcasm

ReputationRep:
    Good for you mate!
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I am so sick of my life. I am sick of pursuing something I don't want to do out of fear of failure. I am going for gold and I'm going to bloody well take it. Two fingers to the tosspots who thought me incapable, and the rest extended in a handshake of thanks for the Greek fire you have lit in me to prove you wrong.

I am publicising this here as a marker of change and a reminder of why I am doing this

I take my hat off to you OP, you are awesome :hat2::congrats::congrats::congrats:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlackSweetness)
    Not sure if serious or sarcasm
    Serious-ish. Law is massively oversubcribed and doesn't pay like it used to.

ReputationRep:
    They said I wouldn't get to 150 accounts.

Now here I am with 173.

Listen to nobody op- prove them wrong.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.