Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi Guys,

Is there any first year Psychology students on here that could show me an example of their timetable please ?
    I've been told it's a min of 15 hours contact but I just need an idea of how the timetable is looking as I do have a job I may need to give up.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Bbashy)
    Hi Guys,

Is there any first year Psychology students on here that could show me an example of their timetable please ?
    I've been told it's a min of 15 hours contact but I just need an idea of how the timetable is looking as I do have a job I may need to give up.
    Hi,

Unfortunately timetables change every term, i also do not have an example timetable to hand, best course of action is to contact the admissions team linked with our psychology course: [email protected]

Sorry i couldn't be of more help.

Josh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aston University)
    Hi,

Unfortunately timetables change every term, i also do not have an example timetable to hand, best course of action is to contact the admissions team linked with our psychology course: [email protected]

Josh
    Thanks Josh. I have emailed however they've pretty much said 'timetables change, you'll find out when you're due to start'.
    I do understand but I just wanted some sort of an idea as I do have a well paid job I was hoping to keep (coming in as a mature student) so that will make things a little more awkward.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Bbashy)
    Thanks Josh. I have emailed however they've pretty much said 'timetables change, you'll find out when you're due to start'.
    I do understand but I just wanted some sort of an idea as I do have a well paid job I was hoping to keep (coming in as a mature student) so that will make things a little more awkward.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I can understand your frustrations, as a point of reference i did a Psychology and Sociology undergraduate here, which usually had 10 hours of contact time spread over a maximum of three days. Obviously this was two years ago and not an identical course, but i'm sure you should be able to work out a few days a week which you are able to work every few months, if you have a flexible employer.

Josh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aston University)
    I can understand your frustrations, as a point of reference i did a Psychology and Sociology undergraduate here, which usually had 10 hours of contact time spread over a maximum of three days. Obviously this was two years ago and not an identical course, but i'm sure you should be able to work out a few days a week which you are able to work every few months, if you have a flexible employer.

Josh
    No worries thank you , hopefully a current student can help x

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm in second year now, first year was 3 days first term, 2 days second term and it's the same again this year. But there is the occasional day off you'd have to come in to do a practical or workshop

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sharonkaur1)
    I'm in second year now, first year was 3 days first term, 2 days second term and it's the same again this year. But there is the occasional day off you'd have to come in to do a practical or workshop
    Thank you, what was the times like ?
    The days you did come in, was it full days ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Well it's 2 hours one day, 3 hours worth of lecs the other but with a lunch break, the timetable is really chill. Last year we had 10ams, had one 9am last term but only for afew weeks. This term, Tuesday's a 1pm start, Thursday's a 10am.

ReputationRep:
    You'll never have 15 hours so that's wrong, we have 5 hours worth of lecs a week and the occasional 1 or 2 hour workshop.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sharonkaur1)
    You'll never have 15 hours so that's wrong, we have 5 hours worth of lecs a week and the occasional 1 or 2 hour workshop.
    Brilliant Hun , thanks for getting back to me xx

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.